Poole 2020

Im all for dropping down.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Whats your reason 

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

Whats your reason 

Weekly fixtures same quality of racing northern tour. If Matt put a good side together which he will  fans would still turn up , sponsorship would still be there. Ok, no BT, but is that really a loss ? Slightly reduced admission for the fans, maybe. Still have the play off's and final. Personally i  think Weds is good but Friday would be better.
Anybody who remembers the National league of the 80's will know it wasnt so bad. You will never get the  big boys back here permanantly, the costs are out of bounds.
League should be run April to Sept, play off's in Sept done. None of this dragging them right into October when we all know it will rain.
But the powers that be need to take the blinkers off and take the ear plugs out and listen to the fans.

• Like 4

Friday would be the best day for me from a selfish point of view! i'm sure 90% of Poole fans will want Weds though.

As a Swindon fan, I would be disappointed to see Poole drop down. Yes they are a bunch of cheating f*ckers (!!!!) but the best meetings and biggest crowds at Swindon are normally when they are at Blunsdon so we would miss them.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

As a Swindon fan, I would be disappointed to see Poole drop down. Yes they are a bunch of cheating f*ckers (!!!!) but the best meetings and biggest crowds at Swindon are normally when they are at Blunsdon so we would miss them.

well you come too and bring another 5 with you then we'll have a viable league

• Like 1

Putting insults ribbing and banter aside Poole have set the benchmark for the upper tier and it would be a great shame and very hard to get used to it they drop down but it could also open up a big can of worms as other PL tracks may think if they are going then perhaps so should we! Could end up a Buster mini league or 3tt 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Weekly fixtures same quality of racing northern tour. If Matt put a good side together which he will  fans would still turn up , sponsorship would still be there. Ok, no BT, but is that really a loss ? Slightly reduced admission for the fans, maybe. Still have the play off's and final. Personally i  think Weds is good but Friday would be better.
Anybody who remembers the National league of the 80's will know it wasnt so bad. You will never get the  big boys back here permanantly, the costs are out of bounds.
League should be run April to Sept, play off's in Sept done. None of this dragging them right into October when we all know it will rain.
But the powers that be need to take the blinkers off and take the ear plugs out and listen to the fans.

Well said mike nobody could have put it better a new adventure for speedway at poole 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I apologise for going to sleep last night. Thought that was what you are supposed to do at night time? You lay into me about calling people weird but nothing about someone talking about a stadium being on fire? Kinda makes it look like you think it's okay otherwise surely anyone would say it's out of order. 

Excuse me ?  You wrote this "I'm not sure I would want to meet anyone who thinks it is okay to talk about a stadium being on fire"

That's a little different from the rather back-peddling reply above.  So are you saying that a person has to lay into every previous post on the thread before posting themselves ?

Just admit you got the wrong person in a frankly borderline defamatory accusation there regarding arson.  

oh and @foreverblue i'm a reading fan, so how is that not neutral ?

Edited by The Doctor...

59 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Absolutely!! So would most other SGBP clubs - even if some fans from those clubs don't agree!!!

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Have you emailed Matt? You haven't got long....!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ray c said:

Well said mike nobody could have put it better a new adventure for speedway at poole 

It may be a 'new adventure' for the Ford promotion but not new for those fans of the late 80's.  Excellent racing from riders who just seemed to want to entertain themselves and the fans!!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It may be a 'new adventure' for the Ford promotion but not new for those fans of the late 80's.  Excellent racing from riders who just seemed to want to entertain themselves and the fans!!

yes I know I was there . never really matter if you won the league or not in them days