British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Just read the bit on the website - well written and as honest as you can get.

If my team were in the same predicament, i'd be voting to go down in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Weekly fixtures same quality of racing northern tour. If Matt put a good side together which he will  fans would still turn up , sponsorship would still be there. Ok, no BT, but is that really a loss ? Slightly reduced admission for the fans, maybe. Still have the play off's and final. Personally i  think Weds is good but Friday would be better.
Anybody who remembers the National league of the 80's will know it wasnt so bad. You will never get the  big boys back here permanantly, the costs are out of bounds.
League should be run April to Sept, play off's in Sept done. None of this dragging them right into October when we all know it will rain.
But the powers that be need to take the blinkers off and take the ear plugs out and listen to the fans.

There are still breaks in the season and Northern tours dont always happen (The Witches had plenty of single night trips)

Funny how now that Matt seems to think.its a good idea you are all for it when previously you wouldve seen it as unthinkable :rofl:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Absolutely!! So would most other SGBP clubs - even if some fans from those clubs don't agree!!!

Don't understand why anyone would teams to drop down. We need at least another 1 up!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Just read the bit on the website - well written and as honest as you can get.

If my team were in the same predicament, i'd be voting to go down in a heartbeat. 

Yes you are right. I was a bit quick off the mark and very disappointed to read and hear there was a risk of us dropping down. Hasty is the right word.

I have always much preferred the highest quality racing, as I prefer top league football. I went to Swindon Town v Newport recently and what a load of crap that was. 

I did enjoy Poole when they were in the NL as I didn’t have anything to compare it with. But the sport has changed completely from the 1990’s. And when we moved up the racing was just so much better.

I might not feel like it now but if Poole do drop down, by March I will probably trundle down the road to the stadium. It’s in the blood.

• Like 9

It's been mentioned that there is a new TV deal, with money on the table.. (?)

If that is the case you could only presume it's not considerable if a Premiership promotion (a very successful one), is not ruling out dropping down and sharing in its 'bounty'?

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

well you come too and bring another 5 with you then we'll have a viable league

What is the sarcasm for? After reading Ford's post, dropping down would be the sensible decision but doesn't mean that other teams wouldn't miss Poole in the top league despite what some on here say. 

i wasn't being in the least sarcastic - i really believe thats the way forward. I cant see how you've read sarcasm into my post tbh - certainly never meant it

I would definitely go if we dropped a league it is still my team just like my football team when they dropped a league, i have been to many lower league matches in football as well as speedway, its still very enjoyable and very competitive. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It's been mentioned that there is a new TV deal, with money on the table.. (?)

If that is the case you could only presume it's not considerable if a Premiership promotion (a very successful one), is not ruling out dropping down and sharing in its 'bounty'?

Prob not enough to cover a drop of up to 50% of attendance? 

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would definitely go if we dropped a league it is still my team just like my football team when they dropped a league, i have been to many lower league matches in football as well as speedway, its still very enjoyable and very competitive. 

Out of interest who do you support in football? 

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The year my team had in 1975 in the 2nd Division was certainly an early eye opener for this wide eyed 8 yr old lad...

Certainly learned a lot of life skills watching them when my Uncle took me to the away matches in particular.... :D

I presumed the whole country were United fans as every town and city we went to was completely taken over by thousands of reds and many an away game became effectively a home one such was the imbalance of home fans to away.. ... B)

I think a few still haven't recovered... ;)

As you allude to. Your team is your team regardless of where they ply their trade..

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Don't understand why anyone would teams to drop down. We need at least another 1 up!

I’m sure there will be. 

I retract my statement last night saying The Doctor thinks a stadium being on fire is okay.

I still have issues have him laying into me about the tiniest thing though whilst someone else says something far worse! 

At least if we drop down I don't have to put up with the Ippo fans and HS! :t:

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I retract my statement last night saying The Doctor thinks a stadium being on fire is okay.

I still have issues have him laying into me about the tiniest thing though whilst someone else says something far worse! 

At least if we drop down I don't have to put up with the Ippo fans and HS! :t:

Perhaps it's because your recent reputation and accusations aimed at other members aswell makes you an easy target. 

You've made allegations of bullying once or perhaps twice towards others if my memory is correct, and now this. 

If you were someone who i had time for, i would be saying the close season is perhaps the time to take a step back from the forum for a few months before you say something that gets you in genuine hot water. But i don't think you'd take the advice anyway.  

• Like 1

No decision has yet been made about possibly dropping down to the Championship so let's not get too hung up on it until that announcement is made.   Improved tv broadcasting cash is on the table (so the rumour has it) so this may swing things the other way...

No matter what happens, I'll always support the mighty Pirates!

• Like 2