British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

1 hour ago, orion said:

Even when I  tell you not to reply about it being  viable you go and do it .. the point being make is that you keep saying that people don't worry about who is riding what is quite clearly wrong I don't need to  ask people who watch Nl or championship I just look at the poor crowds that drop every year as the rider  standard does . . one moment you say that someone never go's anymore because the uk is rubbish and then in your next post  you say that other people are saying it's great . make your mind up ? 

No one is on about bringing back top riders back  but to keep dropping the standard has clearly not worked and nearly every  idea is to do the same again as its been for  the last 20 years . 

Bring them back by  all means but how do you pay for them??  when clubs barely get 1000 paying  fans everyweek.You have no answer no plan and odviously you have  not got a head for business.Mike on the other hand has a plan it looks viable and it could work who knows.Also IF????? you have been to Swindon everyweek is it that bad ?? i for one have praised the promotion on this years racing i have never knocked them.

11 hours ago, orion said:

So if had Top division polish standard teams you thinks crowds would not go up ? please don't reply  with your normal we not got the money because that has nothing to do with the point being made .

Your mate is a poor example ..the rider  level dropping is why the entertainment level has dropped . what I find so scary about speedway fans is the lack of understanding about the need for decent riders to   bring  the  crowds in .  of course most of  them are really old and will turn up to watch any old rubbish 

Do you stick to your very clever observation that most speedway fans are OLD and turn up to watch any old rubbish??? Also what is wrong with being old ? you have a real nerve you are nearly old folks home bound.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t believe moving back to a Wednesday from a Thursday would make any difference to crowd levels. 

Not true.  I can't make (many) Thursdays due to family commitments, Wednesdays are fine and have always been kept free for Poole Speedway.  The change to Thursday meant my attendance dropped significantly as I cannot change my family situation on a Thursday.

So there you finally have what you've been craving... my reason for not attending much this year! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Bring them back by  all means but how do you pay for them??  when clubs barely get 1000 paying  fans everyweek.You have no answer no plan and odviously you have  not got a head for business.Mike on the other hand has a plan it looks viable and it could work who knows.Also IF????? you have been to Swindon everyweek is it that bad ?? i for one have praised the promotion on this years racing i have never knocked them.

Yet again for the 5th time I never said anything about bringing top riders back .. I  never seen  a business that has the same plan for 20 years meaning that his stores close down one by one and losing customers   every year but carries on doing the same .

My business head tells me that I need more customers not less

44 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Not true.  I can't make (many) Thursdays due to family commitments, Wednesdays are fine and have always been kept free for Poole Speedway.  The change to Thursday meant my attendance dropped significantly as I cannot change my family situation on a Thursday.

So there you finally have what you've been craving... my reason for not attending much this year! 

I actually think change of race night created a drop in attendance as the main contributor just my opinion though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I had the flu in 2003. A cold it is not. Man flu it is not. I was laid out for over two weeks in bed and affected for well over a month Totally exhausted before slowly recovering. It is true to say that line that if a 50 pound note had Wafted past my bedroom window I would not have got up to pick it up. It really can be a life threatening illness for the weak and elderly. If a jabs available for free from the doctor don’t hesitate IMO.

My mum always says that about not having enough energy to pick up the money! Do you get it as a nasal spray like they do at the schools? 

2 hours ago, orion said:

Yet again for the 5th time I never said anything about bringing top riders back .. I  never seen  a business that has the same plan for 20 years meaning that his stores close down one by one and losing customers   every year but carries on doing the same .

My business head tells me that I need more customers not less

But the problem you have is that you have not got an alternative plan to Mike yet you criticise his. 

Edited by Sidney the robin

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

My mum always says that about not having enough energy to pick up the money! Do you get it as a nasal spray like they do at the schools? 

No a jab. 

I believe Poole should enter into the Championship , continuing in a league which is in free fall through lack of numbers of clubs and riders does not  make sense.We need to look after the sport in this country first and foremost.

Costs will be cut .. which at this point in Speedway is required.

The championship leagues seems a more viable stable option , and I believe promoted right the correct way to go. Commercially it is  a more interesting league from a sponsorship viewpoint.The sponsorship can be sold , at a more economical price. More of them at a more viable price..Relying on a large main sponsor whilst good is also as proven not always a good thing, especially in this current economic climate.

The club would be able to link to the current crop of sdl/mdl riders and bring riders through the ranks at reserve level.

It worked under stewkesbury back in the day, and I feel actually it was more entertaining. 

Anyway just my thoughts 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It is true to say that line that if a 50 pound note had Wafted past my bedroom window I would not have got up to pick it up. 

Come on, Steve, that’s not saying much. Surely an entrepreneur of your considerable magnitude would never get out of bed for a meagre £50?  :)

24 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I believe Poole should enter into the Championship , continuing in a league which is in free fall through lack of numbers of clubs and riders does not  make sense.We need to look after the sport in this country first and foremost.

The championship leagues seems a more viable stable option , and I believe promoted right the correct way to go. Commercially it is  a more interesting league from a sponsorship viewpoint.The sponsorship can be sold , at a more economical price. More of them at a more viable price..Relying on a large main sponsor whilst good is also as proven not always a good thing, especially in this current economic climate.

The club would be able to link to the current crop of sdl/mdl riders and bring riders through the ranks at reserve level.

It worked under stewkesbury back in the day, and I feel actually it was more entertaining. 

Anyway just my thoughts 

In my opinion having one league to encompass all clubs in the current premier and Championship would be the best option but I dare say it wouldn't suit the tv companies.

28 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Anyway just my thoughts 

excellent post anyway welcome to the forum  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I had the flu in 2003. A cold it is not. Man flu it is not. I was laid out for over two weeks in bed and affected for well over a month Totally exhausted before slowly recovering. It is true to say that line that if a 50 pound note had Wafted past my bedroom window I would not have got up to pick it up. It really can be a life threatening illness for the weak and elderly. If a jabs available for free from the doctor don’t hesitate IMO.

Sorry you had this awful experience and if you are happy to have the Flu jab then  that's your choice and I would probably change my mind if I had the same happen to me.  I am definitely  elderly but not weak ~ probably due to the fact I am out every day in the fresh air so don't really come into contact with anyones germs like if I worked in a hospital, school etc.  Obviously doctors are going to push people to have the jab as they are being paid by the government but the text reminders I have on my phone are just deleted. Fingers crossed now that I get through another Winter. ;)

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you stick to your very clever observation that most speedway fans are OLD and turn up to watch any old rubbish??? Also what is wrong with being old ?

Obviously taking over from SCB who was always going on about old people. I'd rather be old than  have a mind like his.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Obviously taking over from SCB who was always going on about old people. I'd rather be old than  have a mind like his.

Do you feel any different Gemini mindset wise from say 20 years ago.??  would there be any speedway  in the UK without the 40 plus year olds.?? That is the biggest problem we have  enticicing a new generation to replace the old one's me included.