British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

31 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you feel any different Gemini mindset wise from say 20 years ago.??  would there be any speedway  in the UK without the 40 plus year olds.?? That is the biggest problem we have  enticicing a new generation to replace the old one's me included.

If anything I feel even more reckless at times mate....currently suffering with the after affects of mild concussion after falling drunkenly in King William Street after going to a house party Saturday with Ola ....could had sworn id put coke with that Jack Daniels!!!! May miss Thursday through 7 day ruling......never drinking again!!!!!

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, ray c said:

Anybody got any idea what flu jabs :t::cheers: have got to do with Poole 2020 :o:drink:

Both have their fair share of "pricks". :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes you are right. I was a bit quick off the mark and very disappointed to read and hear there was a risk of us dropping down. Hasty is the right word.

I have always much preferred the highest quality racing, as I prefer top league football. I went to Swindon Town v Newport recently and what a load of crap that was. 

I did enjoy Poole when they were in the NL as I didn’t have anything to compare it with. But the sport has changed completely from the 1990’s. And when we moved up the racing was just so much better.

I might not feel like it now but if Poole do drop down, by March I will probably trundle down the road to the stadium. It’s in the blood.

That's the spirit. 

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No a jab. 

Just a little prick.

(over to any Fools n Horses fans and ‘Fatal extraction’)

Edited by semion

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Just a little prick.

(over to any Fools n Horses fans and ‘Fatal extraction’)

It might be a little prick to you mate, life and death to some people!

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes you are right. I was a bit quick off the mark and very disappointed to read and hear there was a risk of us dropping down. Hasty is the right word.

I have always much preferred the highest quality racing, as I prefer top league football. I went to Swindon Town v Newport recently and what a load of crap that was. 

I did enjoy Poole when they were in the NL as I didn’t have anything to compare it with. But the sport has changed completely from the 1990’s. And when we moved up the racing was just so much better.

I might not feel like it now but if Poole do drop down, by March I will probably trundle down the road to the stadium. It’s in the blood.

I thought Swindon was in your blood once,  maybe it  could be  Belle Vue instead in 2020.

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

just attention seeking i think ray

Attention seeking are we no we just can't be fkd to listen to you rubbishe!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I thought Swindon was in your blood once,  maybe it  could be  Belle Vue instead in 2020.

Well at least BV will have some Poole links in 2020.:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well at least BV will have some Poole links in 2020.:rolleyes:

As a matter of Kurtzesy.....

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do you feel any different Gemini mindset wise from say 20 years ago.??  would there be any speedway  in the UK without the 40 plus year olds.?? That is the biggest problem we have  enticicing a new generation to replace the old one's me included.

No difference at all and I think having retained (hopefully)  a good sense of humour helps. If only my body was in the same condition as my mind it would be great. :D

• Like 1

Regarding rumours of Poole dropping down a league, as great as it would be for the Championship, Poole are a club geared up for the top league and need to be in it in my opinion, but if they do drop then that might just be the massive wake-up call the authorities need to see which way our great sport is heading. Lets hope it doesn't come to this tho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Regarding rumours of Poole dropping down a league, as great as it would be for the Championship, Poole are a club geared up for the top league and need to be in it in my opinion, but if they do drop then that might just be the massive wake-up call the authorities need to see which way our great sport is heading. Lets hope it doesn't come to this tho

Poole, sadly, are no longer geared up for the top league. When income and sponsorship was on a high, it was wasted. We are now facing a dilemma and, to move to a much larger league (not made up of superstars) might just give us better speedway on a more regular basis. Hopefully the idiots at the “top” will also put an end of September end date on the season and give us a break that drives the season back into the spring and summer, instead of this autumn rubbish that they currently dish up!!!

• Like 2