British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Thing is if it ends up with everyone coming down i,e, one league; I will guarantee that any money available will not only be spent on providing a competitive team but there will be the additional travelling cost (to all points north of Belle Vue) so any perceived savings will be lost. Its a precarious juggling act financially I would say because crowd levels will drop off if the team are not competitive whatever league they choose to go into.

Regards
THJ

I believe most of 2019 Pirates don't live in Poole (or nearby) so likely only Middlo and Dan will rack up a big increase in mileage!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes one league of the same level but competed for by regional divisions and then play-offs to save on the excessive travelling and costs that other posters have referred to.

There are 27 ish riders doubling up at this time so that's 27 riders one big/split league will be short. most of these riders I would think will have to come from the National league as most of the lower order European riders were not interested this year with the money on offer let alone even less money in a even more cut price league. Do you realise how weak and imbalanced these teams would be.Most of the Championship teams had 2 National league standard riders in their team this year so to replace the said 27 a good few teams could end up with 3.The likes of Doyle/Fricke etc riding against National league and lower order Championship riders would be a joke I just cannot see it ever happening but if it does its not something that after 47 years being a speedway fan I would want to spend my money on.

Edited by B.V 72

4 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

There are 27 ish riders doubling up at this time so that's 27 riders one big/split league will be short. most of these riders I would think will have to come from the National league as most of the lower order European riders were not interested this year with the money on offer let alone even less money in a even more cut price league. Do you realise how weak and imbalanced these teams would be.Most of the Championship teams had 2 National league standard riders in their team this year so to replace the said 27 a good few teams could end up with 3.The likes of Doyle/Fricke etc riding against National league and lower order Championship riders would be a joke I just cannot see it ever happening but if it does its not something that after 47 years being a speedway fan I would want to spend my money on.

Spot on one league never going be viable 

According to Andrew Moon (Twitter) of Radio Solent, Pirates applying for the Championship in 2020.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

According to Andrew Moon (Twitter) of Radio Solent, Pirates applying for the Championship in 2020.

well if that's the case the only way  we will be in the top league in this country that  the club  is sold to someone who is prepared to keep the club at the highest level       I see it is now official we will apply to join the championship at the agm  im sure this decision as been made a long time before the supporters were ask there opinion 

Edited by ray c

I think Matt Ford has come to the conclusion that the Premier League cannot survive and would rather not be part of it when it does collapse. In my opinion I don't think it would have survived this year without Buster Chapman's intervention. Very sad not to see The Pirates racing at the top level though.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good. No issues from me - as long as there's no increase in price.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ray c said:

well if that's the case the only way  we will be in the top league in this country that  the club  is sold to someone who is prepared to keep the club at the highest level       I see it is now official we will apply to join the championship at the agm  im sure this decision as been made a long time before the supporters were ask there opinion 

I'm told that around 70% of the fan responses were in support of Championship level.

• Like 1

For me I will support it & go each week, but not too happy. What was the points limit for championship? 38 this year? feel a long tail coming on! the product was made very weak last year due to costs! 

On a plus side the south coast derby is back on with Eastie!!

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm told that around 70% of the fan responses were in support of Championship level.

Support your club no matter what league your in :t:

• Like 2

Matt Ford is no fool. I have faith that this would be a good direction for the club to go in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

Matt Ford is no fool. I have faith that this would be a good direction for the club to go in.

The direction is closure.. Enjoy the PL Steve a whole new of  set fans to upset :wink:

Edited by orion
  • Like 1