Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

2 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

What I think will happen. Buster will buy Poole at the AGM and run Premiership Speedway in 2020. Matt Ford finally gets the sale he's wanted for 2 years over the line and never returns to Speedway in any capacity. 

You think Buster will pay Matt's rate? And having Buster will completely narrow what riders we can have and be screwed! 

3 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

What I think will happen. Buster will buy Poole at the AGM and run Premiership Speedway in 2020. Matt Ford finally gets the sale he's wanted for 2 years over the line and never returns to Speedway in any capacity. 

Not beyond the realms of fantasy that, I would suggest......

4 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

What I think will happen. Buster will buy Poole at the AGM and ruin Premiership Speedway in 2020. Matt Ford finally gets the sale he's wanted for 2 years over the line and never returns to Speedway in any capacity. 

Corrected it for you . You are most welcome 

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

In what way will it be poorer i cant work that out?

As long as there is 7 teams at least then thats fine..............personally im all for Poole staying up but the league wont be any poorer without them........has it been any poorer because Somerset dropped down?

Try to think of it from a Promoter's point of view rather than from a so-called fan's perspective, A number of Prem clubs have regularly reported increased attendances when Poole are in town.  Thats not necessarily down to more Poole fans travelling - although I know several that do on a regular basis - but more of the occasional home fans in attendance!!

Missing those Poole fixtures could well have a very detrimental effect on a club's balance sheet!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockstar99 said:

Chapman buying Poole would see the end of the club pretty quickly as it wouldn’t be an independent and it wouldn’t wash.

The current PL is dead. It was rumoured Somerset we’re considering moving back up but if Poole have dropped down they won’t make the move up as the local derby would have gone.

Perhaps MikeBv’s idea has some legs in it. But an issue would be, what if the powerhouse teams were all in one region? What if, for example, Poole, Eastbourne, Swindon and Somerset were dominant? The playoffs should be the four strongest teams regardless of whether they are north or south. The four highest points scorers of the two leagues combines should be the playoff teams, and not two from each league.

1 minute ago, nelliejim said:

woo bloody hoo is that something to be happy and proud about  

Have to be realistic nobody else is going to buy a British Speedway club considering the current state of the sport in the UK.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You think Buster will pay Matt's rate? And having Buster will completely narrow what riders we can have and be screwed! 

Matt will have to drop the asking price for the reason above in my reply to nelliejim

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Not beyond the realms of fantasy that, I would suggest...…

Cant afford anymore teams to drop out so the logical thing for Buster to do is buy the club if he has the funds to do so.

1 minute ago, Rockstar99 said:

I hope Buster don't buy them if i'm honest. I'm still not sure about the Poole dropping down thing. I will believe it when I see it.. You could be on the right track there. I wouldn't put anything past Ford..

6 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

And he is guaranteed a team in the playoffs 

maybe somerset will now see it different with poole changing direction maybe better to stay where we are 

I read that crowds have been down this year. Why I wonder? Fans had enough with the track? Not enough promotion from the club via social media outlets? I’m intrigued to find out why you’ve lost money when the club is a “big club” & I mean that. 

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

For me I will support it & go each week, but not too happy.

The conference in November is still a little while away, so much can happen until then so I wouldn’t resign yourself to anything just yet. 

Ford has confirmed the club is still on the market and is still looking for a buyer, would anyone be surprised if Keith Chapman purchased another club and kept Poole in the top division? I wouldn’t. 

Maybe this is what Matt Ford is hoping for? He saw Chapman buy clubs last winter to keep the top flight viable, so if he makes noises in public about taking the club down, he’ll finally get the buyer he’s been looking for?

Stranger things have happened. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But Ford would of sold it ££. Not his problem :P

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Chapman buying Poole would see the end of the club pretty quickly as it wouldn’t be an independent and it wouldn’t wash.

The current PL is dead. It was rumoured Somerset we’re considering moving back up but if Poole have dropped down they won’t make the move up as the local derby would have gone.

Perhaps MikeBv’s idea has some legs in it. But an issue would be, what if the powerhouse teams were all in one region? What if, for example, Poole, Eastbourne, Swindon and Somerset were dominant? The playoffs should be the four strongest teams regardless of whether they are north or south. The four highest points scorers of the two leagues combines should be the playoff teams, and not two from each league.

Just cant see anyone else being interested in buying into a dying sport in the UK. 

I agree. It's completely dead. Beyond repair. 

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

And he is guaranteed a team in the playoffs 

He only owns 2. Lynn and Peterborough.

• Like 1