British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The conference in November is still a little while away, so much can happen until then so I wouldn’t resign yourself to anything just yet. 

Ford has confirmed the club is still on the market and is still looking for a buyer, would anyone be surprised if Keith Chapman purchased another club and kept Poole in the top division? I wouldn’t. 

Maybe this is what Matt Ford is hoping for? He saw Chapman buy clubs last winter to keep the top flight viable, so if he makes noises in public about taking the club down, he’ll finally get the buyer he’s been looking for?

Stranger things have happened. 

Matt and Buster can't get agreement on a date for the outstanding cup fixture, so I can't see them reaching any sort of agreement on the value of the club!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

I read that crowds have been down this year. Why I wonder? Fans had enough with the track? Not enough promotion from the club via social media outlets? I’m intrigued to find out why you’ve lost money when the club is a “big club” & I mean that. 

£40,000 the main sponsor failed to pay? The reason why we remained with r/r for so long and our replacement was low key on the cheap.  I really believe Matt saying the club was up for sale affected attendances. A lack of enthusiasm from the top filtered down to the fans. Well, if Ford can’t be bothered, why should the fans? A watered down league, not enough clubs for variation, the success of AFCB 5 miles up the road and it’s not difficult to see why crowds dipped.

The best solution could well be one big league. Variation of opposition would help ease the issue of lesser quality teams. 

When you look at this none of this goes together selling the club and dropping down what is there to sell 

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt and Buster can't get agreement on a date for the outstanding cup fixture, so I can't see them reaching any sort of agreement on the value of the club!!!!

So true!! I think some are getting desperate as they know they need at least 7. 

Just now, Knightime said:

Well I responded - must have been the only one who said don't do it lol

You and SS!! 

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends on two things really, how desperate Matt Ford is to sell, and how desperate Keith Chapman is to keep Poole in the top flight and keep it viable. 

I genuinely wouldn’t be at all surprised if Chapman buys the club. Chris Louis insisted on buy back clauses last winter and I always felt he never truly wanted to sell the club hence the clause to buy it back. We now know that as of yet, the club still hasn’t been brought by Chapman. 

I’m assuming Chapman doesn’t have a bottomless pit of money, but maybe if Louis hangs on to the club, the money earmarked for the purchase could go on Poole instead?

All speculation and with still more than 4 weeks until the AGM, I’m sure there’s plenty more still to come

I'm sure Chapman will try if no one moves up to 'replace' us but doesn't mean it's going to happen. I hope it doesn't. 

Looks like Poole are the Man Utd of speedway after all? Both going downwards. :rolleyes:

Seriously though can a Wednesday PL race night be negotiated? It might help King''s Lynn as well.

• Haha 1

Thinking about it, get rid of this Mon and Thurs race night rubbish, Poole could stay up and more teams might move up too. I know Doyle won't like it but tough, the league is more than one rider. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thinking about it, get rid of this Mon and Thurs race night rubbish, Poole could stay up and more teams might move up too. I know Doyle won't like it but tough, the league is more than one rider. 

More r/r and guests then 

What good is Wednesday nights with so many Danish riders employed in the Premiership? Get the product right and the race night won’t be such an issue. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1