British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

£40,000 the main sponsor failed to pay? The reason why we remained with r/r for so long and our replacement was low key on the cheap.  I really believe Matt saying the club was up for sale affected attendances. A lack of enthusiasm from the top filtered down to the fans. Well, if Ford can’t be bothered, why should the fans? A watered down league, not enough clubs for variation, the success of AFCB 5 miles up the road and it’s not difficult to see why crowds dipped.

The best solution could well be one big league. Variation of opposition would help ease the issue of lesser quality teams. 

I understand that a sponsor not paying is massive for any club. I just wanted to understand if enough promotion was being done? Swindon for example use insta, Twitter & the local paper for promotional work. Lee Kilby goes to local schools, fates etc to promote the club.  When we were on TV against Pboror it was 2 adults for £20....Posters are put around the town etc 

Edited by hyabb17

1 minute ago, Debbs said:

Pool won't b missed .

Neither would you be! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thinking about it, get rid of this Mon and Thurs race night rubbish, Poole could stay up and more teams might move up too. I know Doyle won't like it but tough, the league is more than one rider. 

What on earth are you on about? Doyle won't like what? 

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I understand that a sponsor not paying is massive for any club. I just wanted to understand if enough promotion was being done? Swindon for example use insta, Twitter & the local paper for promotional work. Lee Kilby goes to local schools, fates etc to promote the club.  When we were on TV against Pboror it was 2 adults for £20....Posters are put around the town etc 

doesnt work with the blue rinsers and the town is also on its arse 

Edited by nelliejim
  • Like 1

Surely Poole's falling attendances has loads to do with the track. Despite the denials of a few it was clearly rubbish and why would you pay £18 to watch speedway on that. 

• Like 3

Just now, thecoombdog said:

What on earth are you on about? Doyle won't like what? 

A few years ago before the Mon and Thurs only racing came in, he said he wouldn't ride in UK if they didn't do it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nelliejim said:

In what way is the town on its ass 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

A few years ago before the Mon and Thurs only racing came in, he said he wouldn't ride in UK if they didn't do it. 

Pretty sure he has ridden over here every season and will continue to do so. 

1 minute ago, nelliejim said:

But they do use, insta and twitter. Massive sign on side of A338. On the side of United taxis (think they still do that). Didn't they have a sign on one of the roundabouts in Poole, not sure if they still do it now though.

3 minutes ago, nelliejim said:

You get out what you put in tho! 

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Pretty sure he has ridden over here every season and will continue to do so. 

Yes, but he threatened not to if we didn't go down to one or two nights a week and we did!

16 minutes ago, Debbs said:

Pool won't b missed .

They will, can't run with 6 

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

In what way is the town on its ass 

Have you been into town?

• Haha 1