British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

5 hours ago, scottyfan said:

How about a certain Mr Rossiter “allowing” Pawlicki to miss about 12 matches so he stayed at reserve all season??:nono:

It was just one match that Pawlicki missed, and his absence covered by a 3 pointer if I recall correctly. Timed to perfection though! 

Still, Coventry paid the price afterwards with a cold shower! :nono:

10 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Yep it's a bluff.  If Poole do move down the top league isn't big enough anyway so simply can't happen unless some move up which I doubt will happen.

Its a bluff right... Ok, so when we do move down its going to knock a few noses out of joint.

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It was just one match that Pawlicki missed, and his absence covered by a 3 pointer if I recall correctly. Timed to perfection though! 

No it wasn’t one meeting. He should have ridden about 12 but was stopped from riding time and again so he remained below 6 meetings and get an official average and be used at reserve in the final. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Its a bluff right... Ok, so when we do move down its going to knock a few noses out of joint.

Including Shovlers

26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Aaron Summers. Back then everyone had an official number eight they could use as and when they chose. 

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Including Shovlers

Yes I think it’s crap. From watching Darcy and Noddy to novice wobblers in the space of a few short years is 5hite in anyone’s book. I understand why financially but it doesn’t make it any more palatable. Think the crowd will take a bit of a knock as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes I think it’s crap. From watching Darcy and Noddy to novice wobblers in the space of a few short years is 5hite in anyone’s book. I understand why financially but it doesn’t make it any more palatable. Think the crowd will take a bit of a knock as well.

lack of speedway knowledge comes to the fore. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Maybe. Or Maybe Poole will move down, Somerset and a n other will be bribed up, and the Pirates will be forgotten about forever.

Personally, I think this is a tactic to try for one big league at CL level - which might just work.

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Maybe. Or Maybe Poole will move down, Somerset and a n other will be bribed up, and the Pirates will be forgotten about forever.

Personally, I think this is a tactic to try for one big league at CL level - which might just work.

No chance of Somerset moving up according to Garry May in today's Speedway Star!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

No chance of Somerset moving up according to Garry May in today's Speedway Star!!!!!

In the end, if everyone moves down, they have no choice. They will be in the top league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Aaron Summers. Back then everyone had an official number eight they could use as and when they chose. 

And a number of Pawlicki's missed matches were also Polish 'recalls' for which the Bees were allowed a guest at reserve!

Sheffield and Kent mentioned elsewhere meaning eight teams. Bob’s your Uncle.

Poole will be missed at The Arena..and their bank holiday cash.

• Like 1

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Sheffield and Kent mentioned elsewhere meaning eight teams. Bob’s your Uncle.

I'm not sure, but don't teams that move up get first dibs on the riders from teams dropping down?

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And a number of Pawlicki's missed matches were also Polish 'recalls' for which the Bees were allowed a guest at reserve!

Fair enough if that’s the case, can only remember the number eight situation.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'm not sure, but don't teams that move up get first dibs on the riders from teams dropping down?

No idea.