British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Sheffield and Kent mentioned elsewhere meaning eight teams. Bob’s your Uncle.

If Poole cannot afford PL how on earth can Kent, add to that their curfew on the finishing time, with the request to move the curfew to a later time and change of racing days refused during 2019. 

Edited by A ORLOV

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'm not sure, but don't teams that move up get first dibs on the riders from teams dropping down?

Only if those riders are released by the clubs dropping down!!

Even though there are over 70 miles between them it is classed as local derby..hope they don't go down. Get Zummerzet back up..70 plus miles away.

Edited by auntie doris

Just now, A ORLOV said:

If Poole cannot afford PL how on earth can Kent, add to that their curfew on ending time, with the request to move the curfew to a later time and change of racing days refused during 2019. 

Presumably somebody (Buster? :D) has the money to make it happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Poole will be missed at The Arena..and their bank holiday cash.

No worries - the monies will simply be shared between Poole and either Somerset or Eastbourne!:rofl:

btw good luck to the Robins tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

100% not a bluff,  Sheffield look like they will be up under new ownership, (so you can guess who that is) and don't be surprised 2 see 2 teams in top league that no one would ever have thought about

Newcastle & Redcar by any chance? 

26 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Newcastle & Redcar by any chance? 

Not a cat in hells chance it will be Newcastle... 

1. Their race day clashes with Polish league if it is not the designated race days and 

2 If it is designated race days Monday is known to be financial suicide for the promoters and Thursday is a greyhound night at Brough and has been for years and years 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Pretty dangerous bluff to ignore the wishes of three quarters of your fan base. 

Tbh I think they want it to be a bluff more than anything else. 

3 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Not a cat in hells chance it will be Newcastle... 

1. Their race day clashes with Polish league if it is not the designated race days and 

2 If it is designated race days Monday is known to be financial suicide for the promoters and Thursday is a greyhound night at Brough and has been for years and years 

Didn't think it would be. Just Phil the Ace said Teams nobody thought. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Including Shovlers

Don't worry Orlov we'll just send him to Swindon, enjoy! :D 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes I think it’s crap. From watching Darcy and Noddy to novice wobblers in the space of a few short years is 5hite in anyone’s book. I understand why financially but it doesn’t make it any more palatable. Think the crowd will take a bit of a knock as well.

Sorry Steve, but I think you are wrong here. Three quarters of the Poole fans want this or have requested it, so I can't see the crowd going down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Sheffield and Kent mentioned elsewhere meaning eight teams. Bob’s your Uncle.

Kent have curfew issues though? 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sorry Steve, but I think you are wrong here. Three quarters of the Poole fans want this or have requested it, so I can't see the crowd going down. 

I don't think it's quite that clear cut . The survey asked would the fans support the team in the championship, not do they want to drop a division.

Matt Ford reckons no amalgamation of the top two tiers of British speedway, according to yet another update in today's local Echo

2 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

I don't think it's quite that clear cut . The survey asked would the fans support the team in the championship, not do they want to drop a division.

????