British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Until it happens, i'll take Poole dropping down with a pinch of salt. It could well be a way for Ford to try and get what he wants. Either to force the sell the club or change race nights. 

How do we know if the poll result to drop down is genuine. It night be made up to ad weight to Ford saying he's dropping down, making some think it's serious enough to act.

I hope Buster don't buy them, it will affect Lynn again no doubt.. If he wants to move down then let him do it I say.

Well he could just say he was dropping down anyway, no need to make up a story.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes well that is what I thought, all this fan poll stuff is clearly rubbish.

I must admit I thought in might be a good idea to drop down more teams more meetings I am not sure that is correct .I am a little disappointed about the whole thing to be honest 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes well that is what I thought, all this fan poll stuff is clearly rubbish.

There was a poll on Bournemouth Echo website clearly indicating favour of dropping down a league

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supersub said:

There was a poll on Bournemouth Echo website clearly indicating favour of dropping down a league

Where? The only one I can see is one asking if people would watch Poole in the Championship. That is not an indication of whether or not they prefer it.

If this was the only poll, the fans have been stitched up by a loaded question that doesn't let them give an opinion on which they prefer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Where? The only one I can see is one asking if people would watch Poole in the Championship. That is not an indication of whether or not they prefer it.

If this was the only poll, the fans have been stitched up by a loaded question that doesn't let them give an opinion on which they prefer.

Ford isn't stupid. It's worded in a way that fools the BSPA into thinking it's serious... and in a way it can be got out of.

31 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well he could just say he was dropping down anyway, no need to make up a story.

When you've cried wolf previously... you need to be ever more inventive.

1 hour ago, Jason.C said:

Sometimes you have to reconsolidate and take a hit to come back stronger. Perhaps the glory days of the top riders coming back will return, perhaps not. As long as the sport survives I'm happy. 

Shame Ford hasn't take that attitude during his reign.

Do Poole fans really want to drop down, my mate in Holton Heath isn't happy!

6 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Do Poole fans really want to drop down, my mate in Holton Heath isn't happy!

it may not be such a bright future as people might think dropping down. I for one will miss seeing doyley racing Wimborne road 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No so can blame me!

You also can't moan about it either! ;)

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I believe the decesion had all ready been made anyway

Seems like it's the confirmation he wanted! 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Until it happens, i'll take Poole dropping down with a pinch of salt. It could well be a way for Ford to try and get what he wants. Either to force the sell the club or change race nights. 

How do we know if the poll result to drop down is genuine. It night be made up to ad weight to Ford saying he's dropping down, making some think it's serious enough to act.

I hope Buster don't buy them, it will affect Lynn again no doubt.. If he wants to move down then let him do it I say.

Poole want the one thing Buster can't give. Weds nights. They did more than just poll results. You had to put into writing what you wanted. The echo poll came at a similar time to when it was announced we would be applying to drop down. 

maybe the other 6 prem clubs will follow poole,.....and have 1 big league....more clubs to race against for every team

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

it may not be such a bright future as people might think dropping down. I for one will miss seeing doyley racing Wimborne road 

Well Swindon is only  50 ml up the road. Off you go..:t:

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Ford isn't stupid. It's worded in a way that fools the BSPA into thinking it's serious... and in a way it can be got out of.

It is..