British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Tbh I think having the club safe and financially secure is more important than watching Doyle 3/4 times a year. I think people underestimate how much the majority of Poole fans need Weds nights back. 

Edit - I'm gutted we won't get Josh next year, but I'm not gonna say 'stay up' cos of one rider! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh I think having the club safe and financially secure is more important than watching Doyle 3/4 times a year. I think people underestimate how much the majority of Poole fans need Weds nights back. 

Edit - I'm gutted we won't get Josh next year, but I'm not gonna say 'stay up' cos of one rider! 

why he could be our no 1

We don't know how many responses the club received so how meaningful the result is. If 70% is a true reflection off those who will attend CL meetings and the poll in the Echo may confirm that to be so, then to what extent will a 30% drop in crowd numbers, maybe paying less to get in, eat into the hoped for 25% cut in running costs?

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

why he could be our no 1

Josh can't as he is on a polish licence now.

9 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

We don't know how many responses the club received so how meaningful the result is. If 70% is a true reflection off those who will attend CL meetings and the poll in the Echo may confirm that to be so, then to what extent will a 30% drop in crowd numbers, maybe paying less to get in, eat into the hoped for 25% cut in running costs?

But how many of that 70% couldn't do Thurs? Anyway Sheffield prob want Thurs and Poole want Weds, swapping seems like a logical solution. And a team close-ish for BV!! 

The death knell for Swindon crowdwise was when they went from Saturday to Thursday, then spending years scratching around outside the top league. Shame to see a famous club like Poole dropping down, not good for League speedway. Those eagerly awaited Knobs v Moonrakers clashes no more. Another derby gone.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Josh can't as he is on a polish licence now.

Im sure matt can fiddle that one. :t:

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

If he's on a polish (Polish) licence, does that mean he has to clean up & make things change shine? :rofl:

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly that.

Remember the 1.5, or is it 1.6 next year, multiplier to convert PL averages to CL for riders without a current CL average. Richie Worrall could be a ready made CL no.1 for you.

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

Doubt it, Poland might have something to say about it! 

5 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Whoever Somerset drop out of Schlein, Harris & N. Morris will end up at Poole imo. None of them ride in Poland

Harris might then, as he always says he loves riding at Poole. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Remember the 1.5, or is it 1.6 next year, multiplier to convert PL averages to CL for riders without a current CL average. Richie Worrall could be a ready made CL no.1 for you.

Sssh, don't wake up SS! He'll have a fit;) I like Richie, so fine by me. 

• Haha 1