British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Well Swindon is only  50 ml up the road. Off you go..:t:

Has all this rain moved Swindon, it use to be about 70 miles 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh I think having the club safe and financially secure is more important than watching Doyle 3/4 times a year. I think people underestimate how much the majority of Poole fans need Weds nights back. 

Edit - I'm gutted we won't get Josh next year, but I'm not gonna say 'stay up' cos of one rider! 

Why are Weds so crucial rather than Thurs?

Is Thurs bingo night?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole want the one thing Buster can't give. Weds nights. They did more than just poll results. You had to put into writing what you wanted. The echo poll came at a similar time to when it was announced we would be applying to drop down. 

I still think it's just Ford trying to get something to go his way.. More to this than meets the eye.. I will hold my hands up if i'm wrong and Poole do drop down ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Do Poole fans really want to drop down, my mate in Holton Heath isn't happy!

Neither are many I have spoken to either. The question in the echo was loaded. And a third of Poole fans said no to that as well.  A good percentage of fans will be lost if we ended up with someone like Harris or Worrall as a number one. 

1 hour ago, Rockstar99 said:

Whoever Somerset drop out of Schlein, Harris & N. Morris will end up at Poole imo. None of them ride in Poland

Doubt it

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Why are Weds so crucial rather than Thurs?

Is Thurs bingo night?

It isn’t crucial at all. A few people might be affected on any particular evening. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, It makes no difference. Midweek is midweek. Poole used to ride on Tuesdays in the NL. Had a good crowd on a Tuesday. Would we get a bigger crowd on a Sunday afternoon? Possibly but then some would say something else is a priority.

I really believe Matt Ford announcing the club is up for sale affected crowd levels.

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I still think it's just Ford trying to get something to go his way.. More to this than meets the eye.. I will hold my hands up if i'm wrong and Poole do drop down ;)

Really believe it this time.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Neither are many I have spoken to either. The question in the echo was loaded. And a third of Poole fans said no to that as well.  A good percentage of fans will be lost if we ended up with someone like Harris or Worrall as a number one. 

If as Ford says dropping down will be 25% cheaper, I think he would loose that on gate money as things stand. If he can get Weds racing in the Champ I suppose he is thinking along the lines of he might keep the crowd levels he has now, because of the Weds racing, so still saving 25%?

Still pie in the sky at the moment imho.. If this is genuine it's a gamble. But only Ford knows what it cost him this season. A big sponsor could make the difference between the 2 leagues for the Pirates.

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

do poole supporters as whole really want a lower speedway level I don't think so .I certainly don't 

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A good percentage of fans will be lost if we ended up with someone like Harris or Worrall as a number one. 

I dunno, I think a lot of fans would like Harris in the team. He definitely puts bums on seats and is good around Wimborne Road.

Matt should offer the club to Buster for a reasonable price at the AGM tbh. Nobody else is going to buy it or another other Speedway club. If Matt wants out then he's got to accept a cut down price. 

I don't believe for a second 70% of Poole fans voted to drop down. 40% of that proportion must have been trolls claiming to be Poole fans.

Edited by Rockstar99

On 10/13/2019 at 11:59 AM, ray c said:

same as me I support my team come what may there are a lot guys and girls out there who haven't got a team to support who would love to go racing every week we are still lucky to be able to do so don't like shovlars attitude on this at all still onward and up wards 

You have changed your tune a bit. 

13 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I dunno, I think a lot of fans would like Harris in the team. He definitely puts bums on seats and is good around Wimborne Road.

Shame that won't happen as he's headed elsewhere!!

The fact that Josh chose to ride on a Polish licence in 2019 has absolutely sweet FA to do with what licence he'll use in 2020!

So many so-called 'experts' - both from other clubs as well as Poole - on Poole's situation clearly haven't got a frigging clue. At least all of Poole's several other sponsors are all in favour plus a fair proportion of fans. Bring it on. 2 signings already contracted i'm hearing. The only down side for many Poole fans is possibly having to find a new team manager!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1