British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

6 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Its a bluff right... Ok, so when we do move down its going to knock a few noses out of joint.

As I said the league won't survive another team leaving so either Poole stay up or the whole current format is changed anyway, as Matt Ford probably knows all to well.

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Def not a bluff, kinda sad that you think that. I don't think it would have got announced if it wasn't likely to happen

Wether it happens or not, the announcement was made to strengthen bargaining positions.  If Poole get Wednesdays back they will stay up.

10 hours ago, foamfence said:

You're assuming there will be a 'top league.'

Nope that's why I think it's a bluff as Matt knows if Poole go down the league isn't big enough so will see about major changes anyway.

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They did chose it when they emailed their choice! Dear lord! 70% wanted to drop down mainly to do with Weds nights and more opponents. 

70% of those who replied did.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Shame that won't happen as he's headed elsewhere!!

The fact that Josh chose to ride on a Polish licence in 2019 has absolutely sweet FA to do with what licence he'll use in 2020!

So many so-called 'experts' - both from other clubs as well as Poole - on Poole's situation clearly haven't got a frigging clue. At least all of Poole's several other sponsors are all in favour plus a fair proportion of fans. Bring it on. 2 signings already contracted i'm hearing. The only down side for many Poole fans is possibly having to find a new team manager!!

Clearly the near £40,000 shortfall from losing the main sponsor had a serious affect in finances. Add to that no money from TV and BT wanting to show us at every opportunity also added to the attendances. We were moaning a couple of seasons ago about there being only 9 teams. The league should never have run with 7. A change should have been made last winter.

It will be a very sad day if Middlo is calling it quits. Best manager the club has ever had and impossible to replace a speedway man with a wealth of experience.

2 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

70% of those who replied did.

70% said they would accept it. Not wanted it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You have changed your tune a bit. 

yes maybe I have .same as you when you said you would not attend championship racing if that's what we got that's it :t:

Hopefully the PL will survive should a couple of teams move up, which has been alluded to on here..

Twould be a great shame if Poole disappeared into the Championship though.. 

Despite the 'shenanigans' they are great entertainment.. :rofl:

Take this season for example, Poole surprisingly crash out in the semis, whilst local rivals Swindon march on.. :) Most excellent.. 

Seriously though, not good for the sport should Poole drop down.. :nono:

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

70% said they would accept it. Not wanted it.

Yep.  Also my point was not all the fans would of voted, do we know how many votes were cast?

Speedway supporters are creatures of habit. Poole are a Wednesday speedway track. Ipswich Thursday, Wolves Monday, Swindon Thursday. 

Don't see the problem with supporters grumbling about moving into the CL .... most of the riders are in both leagues anyhow.....  seem to remember Pool in the 2nd division with Steve Schofield being a pretty decent side back in the 80's with good support.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I still think it's just Ford trying to get something to go his way.. More to this than meets the eye.. I will hold my hands up if i'm wrong and Poole do drop down ;)

Get ready to hold your hands up then! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ray c said:

do poole supporters as whole really want a lower speedway level I don't think so .I certainly don't 

Well both surveys, the echo one and the 3 question one you had to email (so you got to write down exactly what you wanted) had the majority voting for it, so a fair few don't agree with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Neither are many I have spoken to either. The question in the echo was loaded. And a third of Poole fans said no to that as well.  A good percentage of fans will be lost if we ended up with someone like Harris or Worrall as a number one. 

Precisely this.

There are many naive enough to believe 'it's the same riders' in each league. Indeed many have posted as such on this thread.

It isn't. Poole would have a vastly weaker team come to track.

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Precisely this.

There are many naive enough to believe 'it's the same riders' in each league. Indeed many have posted as such on this thread.

It isn't. Poole would have a vastly weaker team come to track.

A weaker team than what? A Premiership line-up?  Well well I bet that took some working out - how's the Vinho verde?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Wether it happens or not, the announcement was made to strengthen bargaining positions.  If Poole get Wednesdays back they will stay up.

Can't get Weds in PL though!