British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

47 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

70% of those who replied did.

Those who didn't reply only got themselves to blame! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Can't get Weds in PL though! 

It doesn’t matter if it’s Wednesday or Thursday. A handful of people affected on either day. Unimportant distraction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well both surveys, the echo one and the 3 question one you had to email (so you got to write down exactly what you wanted) had the majority voting for it, so a fair few don't agree with you.

nobody has to agree with anyone this a forum so people agree or disagree I could not care a monkeys whether people agree with me or not 

I'm happy to drop down to the championship, but not so happy if middlo is calling it a day, the bloke is a complete legend 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s Wednesday or Thursday. A handful of people affected on either day. Unimportant distraction.

Of course it matters! The second question was all about the race night, Matt said many wanted Weds night. He has seen all the emails. 

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

nobody has to agree with anyone this a forum so people agree or disagree I could not care a monkeys whether people agree with me or not 

Good for you, but don't make out that most people don't want it when they clearly do. You and Shov are in the minority, that's why CL has been applied for. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm happy to drop down to the championship, but not so happy if middlo is calling it a day, the bloke is a complete legend 

Maybe Middlo will do the Home meetings and any other midweek Away meetings with someone else stepping in/up for the Fri/Sat/Sun away meets?

It’s a brave move by MF but also clearly a desperate one with the club losing a serious lump of cash....it could be the last roll of the dice. I hope it pays off but no guarantee it will. Don’t think it will be the only bit of big news in the coming weeks!!

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Middlo will do the Home meetings and any other midweek Away meetings with someone else stepping in/up for the Fri/Sat/Sun away meets?

Of which there are many in the CL

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What’s the issue with weekend meetings?

5 hours ago, Odds On said:

another nail in the so called top tier of British speedway, arguably one if not the best away supported teams in the league.

This whole situation sums up the whole "fly by the seat of their pants" attitude of British speedway.

If Poole drop down, the BSPA will scramble and try and coax some teams up from the Championship to make the numbers.  While they continue to desperately prop up the league.

Its short-term, quick fixes all the time, which you can only get away with for so long

• Like 2

Poor old Middlo.  He gets his benefit meeting the same year as Ford takes the club down a level with smaller crowds.   Middlo is always getting shafted 

Edited by semion

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clearly the near £40,000 shortfall from losing the main sponsor had a serious affect in finances. Add to that no money from TV and BT wanting to show us at every opportunity also added to the attendances. We were moaning a couple of seasons ago about there being only 9 teams. The league should never have run with 7. A change should have been made last winter.

It will be a very sad day if Middlo is calling it quits. Best manager the club has ever had and impossible to replace a speedway man with a wealth of experience.

It was £20000 the other day 

23 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

It was £20000 the other day 

Yeah, but it’s a tax loss now.  :)

• Haha 1