British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, but it’s a tax loss now.  :)

Or was it after the costs of the 2018 P... Up to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix were taken into account???

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What’s the issue with weekend meetings?

His business at weekends. It's all in the Star where you can get quite a bit of accurate info.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Until it happens, i'll take Poole dropping down with a pinch of salt. It could well be a way for Ford to try and get what he wants. Either to force the sale the club or change race nights. 

How do we know if the poll result to drop down is genuine. It night be made up to ad weight to Ford saying he's dropping down, making some think it's serious enough to act.

I hope Buster don't buy them, it will affect Lynn again no doubt.. If he wants to move down then let him do it I say.

I agree! I believe Matt wants top league Speedway BUT with Wednesday night home meetings just playing games to get there......... Thuth is the whole of G.B. speedway is in a mess with the double ups & downs etc, etc, needs a complete re-think, unfortunately it will never happen.     

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

What's shovvy gonna do on race nights 

Night fishing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, semion said:

Poor old Middlo.  He gets his benefit meeting the same year as Ford takes the club down a level with smaller crowds.   Middlo is always getting shafted 

Who Said the crowds will be smaller 

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

It was £20000 the other day 

Where? I know it’s just under 40,000

53 minutes ago, noggin said:

Night fishing.

I thought he did all his fishing on here  :D

6 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I thought he did all his fishing on here  :D

Practice for the real thing.

Pathetic asking for Wednesday race nights get a grip! Poole are not bigger than the sport to dictate when they race!

2 hours ago, CountyGround said:

I agree! I believe Matt wants top league Speedway BUT with Wednesday night home meetings just playing games to get there......... Thuth is the whole of G.B. speedway is in a mess with the double ups & downs etc, etc, needs a complete re-think, unfortunately it will never happen.     

You are way off there. There is no game playing. Buster cannot give Poole Weds nights. The only way we can have Weds, is CL. 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Who Said the crowds will be smaller 

Shovlar..I don't buy it though. If we get accepted then I hope all Poole fans give it a fair chance, you might be pleasantly surprised! 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Shovlar..I don't buy it though. If we get accepted then I hope all Poole fans give it a fair chance, you might be pleasantly surprised! 

What happens when the Pirates start getting beat at home next season and the local bingo hall has a bigger crowd, where will the Pirates go next?

Crowds at Leicester this year definitely up on our previous years riding in the top league. Can’t say I was deliriously happy with the decision to drop down, really wasn’t,  but it’s been proved now to be a decent call.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Where? I know it’s just under 40,000

£20000 was the figure I saw quoted as owed the other day regarding the loss of sponsorship with the carpet company, can’t find where I saw it again now - if the club has lost a further £20000 over the season questions surely have to asked of how the business is being run and how much they’re paying riders etc.