British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

If MF is doing this as some sort of stunt as others have suggested, hardly likely to help him sell the club ! 

Surely it's CL or bust for Poole in 2020....no businessman is going to carry on taking the alleged losses without making major changes.

I find it sad & insulting that Poole announced this during the league final. Almost like, look at us, we need attention after stuffing up the semi finals. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

I find it sad & insulting that Poole announced this during the league final. Almost like, look at us, we need attention after stuffing up the semi finals. 

100% correct..........Poole trying to stay relevant.............attention seekers....look at their fans on the final thread lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Crowds at Leicester this year definitely up on our previous years riding in the top league. Can’t say I was deliriously happy with the decision to drop down, really wasn’t,  but it’s been proved now to be a decent call.

plus returning to their preferred race night!!!

• Like 1

If Poole go into Championship, I am sure the fans will be pleasantly surprised as generally the racing is much better and there is more variety.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

100% correct..........Poole trying to stay relevant.............attention seekers....look at their fans on the final thread lol

Poole 'trying to stay relevant' on a Poole 2020 thread?  Whatever next?

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

£20000 was the figure I saw quoted as owed the other day regarding the loss of sponsorship with the carpet company, can’t find where I saw it again now - if the club has lost a further £20000 over the season questions surely have to asked of how the business is being run and how much they’re paying riders etc.

Poole - like most clubs - set a budget for the coming season based upon projected income and expenditure. They - like all clubs - enter into rider contracts based on those financial projections. When those budget projections have a huge mid-season  hole driven into them by a combination of lower attendance income (especially on TV meetings) and the different race night and lost main sponsorship funding due to liquidation (it was £35k btw but there may have been a small payment made in order to retain the branding til the end of the season?!!) then it will have a major impact on the club's bottom line.

With MF no longer living in UK he clearly wants to ensure that co-promoter son Danny has a sustainable business to take responsibility for rather than put him at financial risk.

All remaining sponsors of which there are several - are fully supportive of the moves.

The only thing I can see changing the intention to go Championship is if any new TV and /or sponsorship deal guarantees greater financial security and more fixtures.

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole 'trying to stay relevant' on a Poole 2020 thread?  Whatever next?

Poole - like most clubs - set a budget for the coming season based upon projected income and expenditure. They - like all clubs - enter into rider contracts based on those financial projections. When those budget projections have a huge mid-season  hole driven into them by a combination of lower attendance income (especially on TV meetings) and the different race night and lost main sponsorship funding due to liquidation (it was £35k btw but there may have been a small payment made in order to retain the branding til the end of the season?!!) then it will have a major impact on the club's bottom line.

With MF no longer living in UK he clearly wants to ensure that co-promoter son Danny has a sustainable business to take responsibility for rather than put him at financial risk.

All remaining sponsors of which there are several - are fully supportive of the moves.

The only thing I can see changing the intention to go Championship is if any new TV and /or sponsorship deal guarantees greater financial security and more fixtures.

Not what was meant and you know that.....

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Not what was meant and you know that.....

Well stop posting misleading posts on threads that have nothing to do with the subject then!  Its quite simple really.

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well stop posting misleading posts on threads that have nothing to do with the subject then!  Its quite simple really.

Oh shut up and go polish Fords boots

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Hyabbs post

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

which i responded to

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

hardly misleading when i was answering a previous poster

21 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Oh shut up and go polish Fords boots

I can't - he's not in UK but you'll clearly provide the spit and I'll do the polish.:nono:

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Hardly Poole's fault that the final was delayed?!  The announcement was timed to be just prior to a pre-AGM meeting!! And what 'attention' do you believe Poole received over and above the final? and from where?:blink:

Edited by Skidder1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hardly Poole's fault that the final was delayed?!  The announcement was timed to be just prior to a pre-AGM meeting!! And what 'attention' do you believe Poole received over and above the final? and from where?:blink:

Could have delayed the announcement so I fail too see your point. You like I know that it's been all over the speedway websites when what should be talked about is a final. Plain & simple. 

I do wish Poole well for the future.

If they had delayed the official announcement, it would have 'leaked out' from somewhere within the BSPA in any case. Far better to get ahead of it than have to respond to someone else leaking it - standard PR really!  Didn't hear Nigel and Kelvin make any mention of it last night - although I did miss several heats after falling asleep!!

Our local Echo even carried a report on the Ipswich/Swindon  first leg.

Just a shame that next season the Premiership Shield will have to be a slightly convaluted match up involving Swindon and.............??!!:o

Edited by Skidder1