British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

52 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe he agreed a deal with Birmingham before Poole said we are trying to move down. 

Strong possibility also. 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Agreed, but the standard of teams is poor, and how many Poole fans thought they might keep Josh G, Klindt, Holder and Kurtz, or be welcoming back Chris Holder, Freddie Jacobsen, Magic or Madsen when the truth is none of those will be anywhere near a CL team next season.

You try and pick an attractive CL team.

I'm sure what ever team Poole put together, it will be challenging for honours , it's what matt demands 

21 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm sure what ever team Poole put together, it will be challenging for honours , it's what matt demands 

It's what the Poole public demands. They were very competitive during their last spell in the 2nd tier.

19 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It's what the Poole public demands. They were very competitive during their last spell in the 2nd tier.

Its what the club as a whole demand  You can be sure us dropping down will turn a few heads, and have the Championship promotions running for cover. We wont be going down to make up the numbers thats for sure..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Josh

Richie

kyle

Shanes

i thoughtHarris but now possibly Kennett or  Nicholls

Cook ?

gonna be interesting

1 minute ago, Mediman said:

Josh

Richie

kyle

Shanes

Cook ?

gonna be interesting

Would like to see Ritchie back in that league deserves  another shot, but im sure Matt would want him to prove his fitness first..

2 minutes ago, Mediman said:

Josh

Richie

kyle

Shanes

Cook ?

gonna be interesting

Oh, it’s 50 points for team building?  :)

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Count yourself lucky! :D

I can sense a theme occurring here haha, is dc2 donald trump? He sounds as popular with the poole faithful haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mediman said:

Josh

Richie

kyle

Shanes

Cook ?

gonna be interesting

Josh Auty? 

Edited by Baldyman

Any Poole fans remember this lot from when you first dropped down?

Bear, Smith, Yeates, Biles, Bisson, Wilson, Dole.

You did alright..2nd out of 19.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Terry said:

Any Poole fans remember this lot from when you first dropped down?

Bear, Smith, Yeates, Biles, Bisson, Wilson, Dole.

You did alright..2nd out of 19.

Remember that team well 

11 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I don't think Matt is particularly bothered any more. If he did he wouldn't be doing this. For a lot of Pole fans, I'm sure competing to be the 8th best side in the country isn't their idea of honours.

I apreciate they had a problem with the sponsor this year, but if he still had enthusiasm for the club he would be out and about trying to get a new sponsor rather than doing this.

I think it's a terrible thing to do considering the success Poole fans are used to.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

I don't think Matt is particularly bothered any more. If he did he wouldn't be doing this. For a lot of Pole fans, I'm sure competing to be the 8th best side in the country isn't their idea of honours.

I apreciate they had a problem with the sponsor this year, but if he still had enthusiasm for the club he would be out and about trying to get a new sponsor rather than doing this.

I think it's a terrible thing to do considering the success Poole fans are used to.

Difficult to be 'out and about' as you put it when he doesn't live in the UK any more. Problems of sponsorship were not the only issue - it was also a 20% drop in attendances (40-50% for TV meetings) due to the enforced change of race night.

The current list of club sponsors are all on board with the proposed changes and I expect further companies to join once the new co-promoters finally know what can be offered.

• Like 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Difficult to be 'out and about' as you put it when he doesn't live in the UK any more. Problems of sponsorship were not the only issue - it was also a 20% drop in attendances (40-50% for TV meetings) due to the enforced change of race night.

The current list of club sponsors are all on board with the proposed changes and I expect further companies to join once the new co-promoters finally know what can be offered.

Why did attendances drop 20% just because you raced on a Thursday rather than a Wednesday?

Please explain?

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Why did attendances drop 20% just because you raced on a Thursday rather than a Wednesday?

Please explain?

No idea. Just factual. Doesn't bother me what day they ride. I gets me season pass whatever out of my pension, which guarantees my grandstand seat and will continue to do so.:approve:

If every club could fix every reason why fans stop going then speedway might be saved. Undoubtedly there can be different reasons for different clubs.

Edited by Skidder1