British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

No idea. Just factual. Doesn't bother me what day they ride. I gets me season pass whatever out of my pension, which guarantees my grandstand seat and will continue to do so.:approve:

But how do you know the drop in attendances was down to change in race nights?

It could have been due to other reasons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But how do you know the drop in attendances was down to change in race nights?

It could have been due to other reasons.

good Fridays meeting did not help the attendances . I think it started the pattern for rest of the season just my opinion of course 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ray c said:

good Fridays meeting did not help the attendances . I think it started the pattern for rest of the season just my opinion of course 

What happened on Good Friday?

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Prob be Wolves if they showed an interest, esp when the GF supports them and he lives around there! ;)

Who Klindt? No thanks.

23 minutes ago, DC2 said:

the dorset dust bowl in full swing :nono:

52 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Swindon ‘nailed’ it...53-37

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theblueboy said:

Swindon ‘nailed’ it...53-37

Yep. So the point was “Poole got thrashed at home on Good Friday and attendances fell by 20%”.

It was nothing to do with changing race nights.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Difficult to be 'out and about' as you put it when he doesn't live in the UK any more. Problems of sponsorship were not the only issue - it was also a 20% drop in attendances (40-50% for TV meetings) due to the enforced change of race night.

The current list of club sponsors are all on board with the proposed changes and I expect further companies to join once the new co-promoters finally know what can be offered.

In other words, the promoter failed to promote, told everyone the club was for sale, and has now thrown it under a bus.

A sad day for both Poole speedway and for British speedway.

I'm sure there are people who will happily support Poole in the lower league but there are an awful lot who won't.

Out of interest, what was the actual result of the Echo vote? I couldn't see it when I looked.

• Like 3

Ok. I see the result now. 33% of those who voted will not support Poole in division 2. So a crowd that has dropped 40% will drop another 33%.

And this is being sold as Poole fans voting to join the Second Division.

Good luck to those who want this. I don't believe that many people who have supported Poole as the most succesful club in recent times truly want Championship level racing.

Who was Poole's most popular rider last year? Klindt, probably. And he has already ruled himself out.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Ok. I see the result now. 33% of those who voted will not support Poole in division 2. So a crowd that has dropped 40% will drop another 33%.

And this is being sold as Poole fans voting to join the Second Division.

Good luck to those who want this. I don't believe that many people who have supported Poole as the most succesful club in recent times truly want Championship level racing.

Who was Poole's most popular rider last year? Klindt, probably. And he has already ruled himself out.

Poole supporters want to take a rain check support your club or lose it .We are still fighting to get back to Brandon miss my weekly visits 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Why did attendances drop 20% just because you raced on a Thursday rather than a Wednesday?

Please explain?

I, for one, cannot go on a Monday or Thursday night as I finish work late. Wednesday was fine as I finish work early. First time in 50 years I haven’t been to one single meeting in a season. Will I go next year after missing a whole season and   doing other things on a Wednesday night?  I really don’t know.....Can’t say as I have missed it too much...

31 minutes ago, Grachan said:

In other words, the promoter failed to promote, told everyone the club was for sale, and has now thrown it under a bus.

A sad day for both Poole speedway and for British speedway.

I'm sure there are people who will happily support Poole in the lower league but there are an awful lot who won't.

Out of interest, what was the actual result of the Echo vote? I couldn't see it when I looked.

I feel the problem was that Poole were successful and thought that that would just keep happening

You have to move forward with the times and Poole stood still............

Swindon and Ipswich two very good clubs at promoting themselves to get more crowds in

Blimey ive even read that the success of Bournemouth football team hasnt helped this season!!!! Cant understand how because they have been in the top league a while now so that is no excuse

I used to say Matt Ford was good for Poole.................not anymore it seems

Reminds me of Leeds United under Peter Risdale 

8 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

I, for one, cannot go on a Monday or Thursday night as I finish work late. Wednesday was fine as I finish work early. First time in 50 years I haven’t been to one single meeting in a season. Will I go next year after missing a whole season and   doing other things on a Wednesday night?  I really don’t know.....Can’t say as I have missed it too much...

You work late every Monday and Thursday and you couldn’t change that?

59 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You work late every Monday and Thursday and you couldn’t change that?

Not everyone can change work patterns just like that.

The change of race night was always likely to alienate some fans who can’t make that change.

Dont blame the fans who can’t attend tho.

• Like 1

Maybe Poole speedway should invite non speedway goers to the speedway , and also undertake a questionnaire of the experience . 

Personally I think it's aimed at the same niche speedway supporters and struggles to generate any new fans . Which with the decline of the sport , is where the fan numbers are declining . 

Apart from a few boards around the town ...and a advert at Tesco - fleetsbridge . Does Poole speedway genuinely get out about in the community of Poole ?? 

Not very beneficial to attracting or encouraging sponsorshio opportunities 

Edited by Apollo