British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

6 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

True, but if you discount all those over 7 (other than those who already ride CL such as Cook, Masters, King etc) there are just 10 who almost certainly couldn't or wouldn't drop down. That's 20% of the PL rider strength. 

I think its more a question of the CL points limit being high enough to include all those who could ride at that level. 

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Well riders signed so far suggests to me that the limit will be high. 

If the team points limit is increased in the CL, without a corresponding increase in the PL, the difference in standards between the two leagues would obviously diminish but so would the relative costs.

However we look at it you do see many of the same riders in both leagues but PL teams have significantly more quality riders than CL teams.

That isn't too say that the entertainment level is better in the PL. I regularly watch NDL meetings. They may not have the skills on display in the PL but nonetheless can provide excellent entertainment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

If the team points limit is increased in the CL, without a corresponding increase in the PL, the difference in standards between the two leagues would obviously diminish but so would the relative costs.

However we look at it you do see many of the same riders in both leagues but PL teams have significantly more quality riders than CL teams.

That isn't too say that the entertainment level is better in the PL. I regularly watch NDL meetings. They may not have the skills on display in the PL but nonetheless can provide excellent entertainment.

Completely agree, but I'd maintain that Matt Ford's 70% is still about right. 

I have always maintained that the quality of the track is more important than the rider. Where that's concerned, you're privileged :D:approve: because NL speedway at the NSS is better than most I have seen on BT from PL tracks. 

• Like 1

Shouldn't this topic be put in the lower league championship section now, leave this bit for the bigger clubs?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Shouldn't this topic be put in the lower league championship section now, leave this bit for the bigger clubs?

There is already a Poole thread in the CL, if you had a look you would know! 

22 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

The bspa should increase the PL team limit to 46.5 so that we can keep the same team

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There is already a Poole thread in the CL, if you had a look you would know! 

Yeh, I said this topic, if you read it.

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

The bspa should increase the PL team limit to 46.5 so that we can keep the same team

I for one think the league winning team In each league. Would have to be rounded to the nearest 0.5. But agree would be a good idea. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Yeh, I said this topic, if you read it.

Well we don't need two in the CL section, so this can stay here for now! :D

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well we don't need two in the CL section, so this can stay here for now! :D

And we are still in the premier league at the moment 

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Last time i looked we are still in the Premiership. 

So with the news Berwick, Kent and Sheffield won't to move up, have Poole jumped the gun, looks like Premier league will be bigger than the championship and it sounds like eurosport want 10 teams 

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So with the news Berwick, Kent and Sheffield won't to move up, have Poole jumped the gun, looks like Premier league will be bigger than the championship and it sounds like eurosport want 10 teams 

Well it’s currently 11 champ teams (Plymouth) to 9 prem teams. 

Let's just wait, I can't see how it is viable for Berwick. I will be surprised if it happens. Sheffield and Kent make sense though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So have Lynn and Ippo reported huge (or any) increases in attendance for any normal league meetings then?  Just asking....

I don't know.. But what I read is that Poole are the most successful team over the last 10 years, with the best sponsors and the best crowds.

Yet Ford wants to charge the highest in the league for supporters. Not the best way to let the young ones to see whats on offer!!  But more ££ for Ford and that's what counts in his book. You should know that by now .

Ford is ££ for him. When that stops he don't want to know... Simples

Edited by Bald Bloke

22 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Berwick and Kent????  No way.

• Like 1