British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Let's just wait, I can't see how it is viable for Berwick. I will be surprised if it happens. Sheffield and Kent make sense though. 

Kent? They struggle to run meetings to 15 heats with the curfew they have. Looks like no TV deal because no company will change their times to suit one club. 

Edited by stevebrum
Altered information.
  • Like 1

Id be happy for any Champ team to replace Poole if Ford isn't trying to play things, and is serious, which I doubt he is. Let them drop down.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't know.. But what I read is that Poole are the most successful team over the last 10 years, with the best sponsors and the best crowds.

Yet Ford wants to charge the highest in the league for supporters. Not the best way to let the young ones to see whats on offer!!  But more ££ for Ford and that's what counts in his book. You should know that by now .

Ford is ££ for him. When that stops he don't want to know... Simples

There must be some sort of cover up at Poole

Had the best sponsors

Had the best crowds

One poor season and a loss of a sponsor and all of a sudden they have to drop down.

Have all these years of chasing success and paying over the top money for the best riders finally broke the club that after one season there is nothing left to back it up?

Matt Ford has put Poole in this position............he is a business man and now he isnt making any money he wants shot of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Get it right if you are gonna continue having a go.

Poole lost 2 big long term sponsors in the lead up to 2019 as well as the end of the 2-year 2017/18 main sponsorship and then was seriously let down by the new main team sponsor mid-season.  No club could easily withstand those losses to their budget of many many thousands of £££s!!

Along with a reduction in attendances due in part to the change in race night as well as the increased number of TV meetings -  and also at a time when MF is in the process of uprooting to a new business in France - why wouldn't he do the best for the club to continue racing under the stewardship (co-promotion) of his son and another - hardly wanting to get shot of it is he - unless a decent offer comes along which is the same for most clubs at any time?  (If Ipswich were so secure with a great main sponsor then why did Louis need and accept financial help from Buster before the 2019 season? - Yes I know the 'full takeover contract' was never signed apparently!!)

Poole have never paid over-the-top money but what they have done is always guarantee that riders get paid correctly and on time - something which attracts many riders who have been let down by other clubs both here and abroad!!

By all means carry on having a go at Poole - we all get it - just get your facts right before repeating the same old same old!:angry:

It still adds up to one difficult year and chuck the towel in ....... Matt and the fans it seems like ....... what is being asked is whatabout all those great years where the money was rolling in, huge crowds etc, long gone?  To be fair I don't think promoters have ever kept monies aside in case of a rainy day ......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

There is already a Poole thread in the CL, if you had a look you would know! 

So of you go then and bore them

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole lost 2 big long term sponsors in the lead up to 2019 as well as the end of the 2-year 2017/18 main sponsorship and then was seriously let down by the new main team sponsor mid-season.  No club could easily withstand those losses to their budget of many many thousands of £££s!!

Along with a reduction in attendances due in part to the change in race night as well as the increased number of TV meetings -  and also at a time when MF is in the process of uprooting to a new business in France - why wouldn't he do the best for the club to continue racing under the stewardship (co-promotion) of his son and another - hardly wanting to get shot of it is he - unless a decent offer comes along which is the same for most clubs at any time?  (If Ipswich were so secure with a great main sponsor then why did Louis need and accept financial help from Buster before the 2019 season? - Yes I know the 'full takeover contract' was never signed apparently!!)

Poole have never paid over-the-top money but what they have done is always guarantee that riders get paid correctly and on time - something which attracts many riders who have been let down by other clubs both here and abroad!!

By all means carry on having a go at Poole - we all get it - just get your facts right before repeating the same old same old!:angry:

I fully agree with this. Yes there has been the usual mud slinging from various quarters but this is the cold reality once the 'banter' stops

For ANY club to run at ANY level requires a huge amount of goodwill and sponsorship right from ground level fans to the big corporate main sponsors

There is no club in the land that could've withstood the situation Poole found themselves in. It certainly isnt about poor promotion. Whatever faults Matt Ford has can be debated but a lack of promotion and savvy isnt one of them

I dont buy the 'surely he can swallow one season' position  - let it go on and the next season isnt the problem it is the whole existence of a club at risk. For that if the switch stabiliises then a switch is right

That is pretty much the situation Ipswich found themselves in and moving to the Championship was exactly the correct choice at that time

The fact that despite better than average attendances and an enviable sponsorship position still meant that a move back to the top level wasnt a no brainer says it all about just what it takes to run at the highest level

Even with what has to be considered a very successful year at Foxhall I dont imagine Chris is sitting at home in a bath of £50 notes!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ignore him Clive it wont matter what you say, he's just a troll and a pillock.

32 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I fully agree with this. Yes there has been the usual mud slinging from various quarters but this is the cold reality once the 'banter' stops

For ANY club to run at ANY level requires a huge amount of goodwill and sponsorship right from ground level fans to the big corporate main sponsors

There is no club in the land that could've withstood the situation Poole found themselves in. It certainly isnt about poor promotion. Whatever faults Matt Ford has can be debated but a lack of promotion and savvy isnt one of them

I dont buy the 'surely he can swallow one season' position  - let it go on and the next season isnt the problem it is the whole existence of a club at risk. For that if the switch stabiliises then a switch is right

That is pretty much the situation Ipswich found themselves in and moving to the Championship was exactly the correct choice at that time

The fact that despite better than average attendances and an enviable sponsorship position still meant that a move back to the top level wasnt a no brainer says it all about just what it takes to run at the highest level

Even with what has to be considered a very successful year at Foxhall I dont imagine Chris is sitting at home in a bath of £50 notes!

Good post! Not so sure about the mental image at the end though! ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Says the person who thinks Poole will have more home fixtures if they drop down lol...............

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Pot kettle black :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Forget the issues with sponsors there was other issues already at Poole. How then can a team that wins the league in 2018, see a reduction in season ticket sales the following season........did the club sit back and just feel the numbers would take care of themselves?

All i can go by is what we at Ipswich do by going out into the community and promote that way..........maybe Poole did that i dont know.

I would be stunned if after the success of this season if Ipswich saw a reduction in season tickets sold

I would say that the change of race night was a huge reason.......

If speedway moved from Thursdays at Foxhall im sure the crowd would drop

Edited by Gavan

"I would say that the change of race night was a huge reason....... "

Spot on Gavan. :neutral:  Same thing happened to Rye House. Think I said this about 30 posts earlier.:neutral:

Matt Ford lost interest before the end of last season (2018), club was up for sale , no one wanted in then , handed it over to his son to run.  He just took fixed race nights on the chin.... probably knew his crowd would drop.  

MAybe all the Poole riders who dont fit in the CL will go to Kent "on loan" to Len   :neutral:

all poole posts should be on championship page now :rofl:

• Haha 1