British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

26 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

all poole posts should be on championship page now :rofl:

Not accepted yet so you are wrong :D

Obviously some of you do not know that at the present time Poole are still in the Premiership  and will continue to be so at least up until the BSPA AGM and as nothing has been decided yet they may well continue in the Premiership. So until the outcome has been ratified one way or the other lets wait and see what happens.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Not accepted yet so you are wrong :D

Come on ray c you are one of the decent Poole supporters you have got to have a laught. When Brandon was closing SS was naming the roads

With the new tv deal done and dusted could it mean a change of heart by matt shame if not

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

With the new tv deal done and dusted could it mean a change of heart by matt shame if not

Doesn't the TV deal statement also include Championship meetings in their coverage?

2 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Come on ray c you are one of the decent Poole supporters you have got to have a laught. When Brandon was closing SS was naming the roads

Nobody was glad that Coventry closed, i remember going there for gp meetings great days and much missed. Personally not happy that we are relegating ourselves, just will not feel the same in a lower league. 

3 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Nothing to laugh at just think we might have ricky wells as our no 1 next season .no disrespect to ricky :party:

• Haha 1

Would like to know how much Eurosport are paying, will it mean clubs can use more than 1 rider over 8 , try to bring the quality back up instead of diluting every year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Doesn't the TV deal statement also include Championship meetings in their coverage?

It only says about 18 meetings from the domestic Premiership league in the SGB website release I read. That's not to say it wont be different when it comes to it

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Nobody was glad that Coventry closed, i remember going there for gp meetings great days and much missed. Personally not happy that we are relegating ourselves, just will not feel the same in a lower league. 

I followed Cov for 50 odd years I haven't been to a meeting since just hoping I get to go back to Brandon before I pop my clogs

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

I hope so 

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

There must be some sort of cover up at Poole

Had the best sponsors

Had the best crowds

One poor season and a loss of a sponsor and all of a sudden they have to drop down.

Have all these years of chasing success and paying over the top money for the best riders finally broke the club that after one season there is nothing left to back it up?

Matt Ford has put Poole in this position............he is a business man and now he isnt making any money he wants shot of it.

I'm not sure Poole will drop down at all. I think it's a bluff to get something he wants. But we shall see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It only says about 18 meetings from the domestic Premiership league in the SGB website release I read. That's not to say it wont be different when it comes to it

The report states that they have the rights to Premier and Championship meetings, in the summary section near the end of the report

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.37642

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you take the play offs away from the 18 mentioned that leaves 12 live meetings. Can someone confirm if that is either more or less than BT broadcast over the last season? Didn’t BT say how great it was to add speedway to their two wheeled offering? I guess it is a case of wait and see but hopefully they are able to match the live scheduling that BT and Sky gave to the sport as no one wants to see the last five or six heats of a live meeting because another sport has overrun. At least those with BT can cancel the subscription and watch the GPS on YouTube. 

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

cant see where it says championship meetings as well though