British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends whether you would want to run Premiership or Championship?

The stadium is council owned, so you won't be getting that for starters.

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Really? Any buyer should say they want to run in the NL then, to get the cheapest price!

In terms of valuation, I’d guess there might be:

a premium to pay for the remaining years of any lease of the stadium, although that would be minimal unless there is a clear more lucrative use,

the value of any equipment,

a sum for the rider assets, calculated against their likely loan fees or cost to acquire a similar rider, 

a sum for the “goodwill” (the fan base that Poole have built up), calculated as a percentage of the average attendance for the last three years or as a multiple of the average profit for the last three years (and I would not want to pay more than one times the average profit if it is falling).

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Eh?  If you are buying a club - you buy a club.  What difference does it make what league you want to run in?

I find it quite sad when you see all the clubs having end of season events and our club don't have anything not even a rider of the year award .just shows how the interest has faded over the last couple of years

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ray c said:

I find it quite sad when you see all the clubs having end of season events and our club don't have anything not even a rider of the year award .just shows how the interest has faded over the last couple of years

No champagne, fireworks or hot showers either.  Not like it’s the first time either. :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Maybe he had a poll;)  Would of cost next to nothing as well :(

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Hasn't worked??? It hasn't happened yet. That's the plan for 2020!!

He left the day to day with Danny last year didn't he, which it seems didn't work out so well financially. 

I heard that we also made a loss the year before too. Hence why another year of losses would have seen us close down.

Edited by daz9100

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He left the day to day with Danny last year didn't he, which it seems didn't work out so well financially. 

No he didn't. 

28 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I heard that we also made a loss the year before too. Hence why another year of losses would have seen us close down.

The only year they made a loss was this year! Every one of the other 20 years the club has at the very least broken even.

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No he didn't. 

Ok i thought  MF spent a lot of time abroad last season and left Danny in charge. 

Edited by foreverblue

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ok i thought  MF spent a lot of time abroad last season and left Danny in charge. 

It was said matt flew in every thurs for the meetings

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure but I think MF bought a hotel somewhere abroad and maybe he needs the cash? So that’s why he wants out of speedway? He’s smart bloke and he can see Poole going down the tubes fast in Premier League and he think Danny can not cut it! Move to CL is a brave move or a desperate last ditch effort to shore up the club and sell it and get some money? Trouble is no one in there right minds will buy into a speedway club. But maybe there’s some idiots still out there! Time will tell.? 

4 hours ago, ray c said:

It's been a profitable business for years as it's been Matt Fords main living as far as I recall. No reason it can't become so again. 

Or, if it loses money and you have other business interests you can use the losses for taxation advantages potentially. 

19 minutes ago, SteveEvans said:

It's been a profitable business for years as it's been Matt Fords main living as far as I recall. No reason it can't become so again. 

Or, if it loses money and you have other business interests you can use the losses for taxation advantages potentially. 

what have  that got to do with end of seasons events