British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

what have  that got to do with end of seasons events

Absolutely nothing lol! Looks like I responded to the wrong comment, I meant to respond to one asking why anyone would buy Poole Speedway! Haven't been on the forum in a while must be rusty! :D 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ray c said:

I find it quite sad when you see all the clubs having end of season events and our club don't have anything not even a rider of the year award .just shows how the interest has faded over the last couple of years

Why doesn't your Supporters Club run Rider of the Year comp, after all it's the fans who vote, it's a fan/rider thing ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ray c said:

It was said matt flew in every thurs for the meetings

That's what i thought so why is Skidder1 saying he didn't. It seems clear to me he left the day to day to Danny last season if MF was only here occasionally. 

10 hours ago, SteveEvans said:

Or, if it loses money and you have other business interests you can use the losses for taxation advantages potentially. 

Can you? Isn’t it the cases that losses can be discounted against profits only if they are from the same business?

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

That's what i thought so why is Skidder1 saying he didn't. It seems clear to me he left the day to day to Danny last season if MF was only here occasionally. 

Thursdays, Mondays, BSPA meetings. He only moved to France mid-season. They do have phones, the internet and social media in France as well!!!

2019 was a transition period for Danny to start to become the media face for Poole Speedway especially on meeting days even though MF was always there - bar one meeting. Matt was very much making the decisions, paying the bills and clearly having to deal with the fallout from the main sponsor situation.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Thursdays, Mondays, BSPA meetings. He only moved to France mid-season. They do have phones, the internet and social media in France as well!!!

2019 was a transition period for Danny to start to become the media face for Poole Speedway especially on meeting days even though MF was always there - bar one meeting. Matt was very much making the decisions, paying the bills and clearly having to deal with the fallout from the main sponsor situation.

Ok fair enough thanks for that. I didn't say they didn't have phones etc and i thought wrongly that he was moving father away than France. I do think that Danny will struggle with the media spotlight which is probably another reason why the decision was taken to drop a league. That's my opinion not based on any facts or knowledge of how Poole Speedway works. As you say MF was still the main decision maker, with that in mind, he made some bad team decisions last season which is why i thought he had taken his eye of the ball. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ok fair enough thanks for that. I didn't say they didn't have phones etc and i thought wrongly that he was moving father away than France. I do think that Danny will struggle with the media spotlight which is probably another reason why the decision was taken to drop a league. That's my opinion not based on any facts or knowledge of how Poole Speedway works. As you say MF was still the main decision maker he made some bad team decisions last season which is why i thought he had taken his eye of the ball. 

everybody has there own opinion what is happening at Wimborne road and that how it should be . this is a forum for debate

• Like 1

I am sure Matt has made the right decision for Poole considering the state of affairs as they stand now at Poole

i do hope that so called die hards  do not walk away because it is not the top league

22 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

I am sure Matt has made the right decision for Poole considering the state of affairs as they stand now at Poole

i do hope that so called die hards  do not walk away because it is not the top league

Disappointed to be dropping down, but will still be there in 2020

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Another loan fee coming in for Matt from THJ who has confirmed he will be riding UK next season and has signed his contract already. 

Not at Poole then ? 

• Like 2

Another loan fee coming in for Matt from THJ who has confirmed he will be riding UK next season and has signed his contract already. 

Feel sorry for the team that has signed him!

• Like 1

Tenner at the most :)

26 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

No he isn’t.

Surely back at Berwick. Has a very attractive champ average. 

Sure him, Wells, Heeps, Lawson and Kyle Howarth have had plenty of calls. 

Edited by poolebolton