British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

On 11/11/2019 at 7:25 AM, Skidder1 said:

Kurtz and Holder's pit bay name boards both up for sale on eBay! !

Bald Bloke still think we are staying in PL?!!! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Bald Bloke still think we are staying in PL?!!! 

As I had said before, i'll believe when it happens.

If you do drop down , I can't see how it will make much difference, if any myself.

Ford said it's 25% cheaper running CL.

If you loose 200 fans a meeting, that's £3,000 a meeting at £15 each.

Entry prices will go down. 1000 fans at £1 each, is another £1,000 a meeting.

Will you attract the same sponsor money, not being on TV ?

With the new TV deal, you will loose a chunk of money there as well.

I know Ford knows his stuff, but I think the 25% might be swallowed up if the above is anywhere near the mark ?

Maybe just my way of thinking is off?. Wont be long now and we will no for sure :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If you do drop down , I can't see how it will make much difference, if any myself.

I know Ford knows his stuff, but I think the 25% might be swallowed up if the above is anywhere near the mark ?

Maybe just my way of thinking is off?. Wont be long now and we will no for sure :)

I am certain Matt Ford has done the figures .Our drop to the championship will be confirmed this week.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

£15 entry for CL ? Are you having a laugh, most are £16 or £17

3 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Old Lennie charges £15 for NL at Kent. A fiver more than the NSS!

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

That 25% saving is probably on riders’ wages alone (15% from replacing a PL number one with an NL reserve and 10% across the pay rates of the others).

But it does not take into account the reduced revenue from

no TV money,

lower crowds,

lower entrance fees,

less sponsorship and

less advertising.

Poole will just be chasing more losses.

Surely the true Poole fans will be happy to hand over Premier League admission for Championship Speedway.   After all they will want see a successful team

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, Buttons said:

I reckon Poole will stay up and run on Wednesdays

If they do that they have got to let other teams race on whatever night they want .what's good for one is the same for others

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I am certain Matt Ford has done the figures .Our drop to the championship will be confirmed this week.

Good

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Mast admit I am also struggling how this alleged 25% saving will make such a difference.

Maybe there are other factors involved. Such as perhaps he feels that a top 3 out of either Holders/Kurtz & Klindt are not going to bring him another Prem bearing in mind how fortunate they were with the Gods shining on them in 2018. This year the squad were not good enough when it mattered (even though topped the league) and arguably he would need to invest in more Overseas talent to even get a chance to get back there. Something he has not got especially after the  financial disaster of 2019 on several fronts.

Maybe he feels that if they can put together a strong team in a weakened league that wins most weeks ,  will perhaps have some of the fickle fans who kept away in 2019 coming back in 2020 as success is important to many who have been spoiled with it over the years (irrespective of what league you may be in ??).

I am not aware of any major team sponsor having been secured for 2020 although early days. Bearing in mind the calibre of who they got fairly late in the close season which was way down on what they got in previous seasons from the likes of Readypower and Volvo, may also be playing heavily on the club if one was not to be forthcoming of any real financial stature.

I certainly don't expect admission prices to go down as I would not expect an extra £1/2 to make much difference to the overall crowd level to real speedway supporters and we should not kid ourselves that such a small saving will realistically put 2/3/400 on the weekly crowd. Also bearing i mind  that this is Poole one of the more affluent parts of the UK.

The Fords may well want to consolidate after the  Financial disaster of 2019 which was certainly accelerated by the loss of the main team sponsor who went bust owing them all that money and not withstanding the loss of what I heard was 3 other major sponsors who for varying  reasons could not continue their support in 2019.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out in coming week/s and the Team the Ford's plan to put out to be competitive in challenging for the title/Trophies. Leicester showed how it can be done so let's hope Poole can do similar. Having said that having a big JCB Supplier as your main sponsor and also funding Kevlars certainly helped. Plus they even put out the best N/L team on top.

3 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

From a £17 admission, £2.83 goes to the VAT man.   £14.17 is the club's share.

How much is the admission at Edinburgh? Think you will find it the same as Poole?

20 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

How much is the admission at Edinburgh? Think you will find it the same as Poole?

EDINBURGH ADMISSION PRICES

Adult £17.50
Senior £15.50
Student £15.50
Child 12 to 16 years £7.50
Child - 5 to 11 years £2

Child - Under 5 years     Free

I'm pretty sure Poole are more

Expensive.

Edited by tellboy

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

EDINBURGH ADMISSION PRICES