Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

4 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

£15 entry for CL ? Are you having a laugh, most are £16 or £17

Not having a laugh. But £15 was easier to work out

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

That 25% saving is probably on riders’ wages alone (15% from replacing a PL number one with an NL reserve and 10% across the pay rates of the others).

But it does not take into account the reduced revenue from

no TV money,

lower crowds,

lower entrance fees,

less sponsorship and

less advertising.

Poole will just be chasing more losses.

That's how I see it tbh. Hence the doubts I have of it happening.. Mind you Matt is a lot cleverer than me, business wise, I guess ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 11/11/2019 at 8:20 AM, ray c said:

wow :party:

Not really would be new ones next year anyway

2 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Not really would be new ones next year anyway

That's what I thought when Skidder posted it. So not much of an indication.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

That's what I thought when Skidder posted it. So not much of an indication.

I think it is, as if we stayed certain riders would stay so you don't need to get rid of them? 

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

That's how I see it tbh. Hence the doubts I have of it happening.. Mind you Matt is a lot cleverer than me, business wise, I guess ;)

Thing is you are being serious whereas DC is taking the.. <insert word> 

Edited by lisa-colette

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thing is you are bring serious whereas DC is taking the.. <insert word> 

Can't speak for DC. But I don't think Ford will be any better off. Just my opinion, hope i'm wrong with the money side,and it works out well if it happens.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Matt Ford will be a lot better off 50k TV money will only cover 5 meetings in premiership so work it out 25 percent savings in championship bet his crowd will not go down

28 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Matt Ford will be a lot better off 50k TV money will only cover 5 meetings in premiership so work it out 25 percent savings in championship bet his crowd will not go down

Hang on, £50k isn’t worth having, but £40k in lost sponsorship has made Poole go bust?

21 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hang on, £50k isn’t worth having, but £40k in lost sponsorship has made Poole go bust?

21 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Shock horror Poole have gone bust because DC2 says so!! What an idiotic post. If you are so concerned with Poole's future you might try reading all the reasons Poole lost money last year. They are well documented even for those on some sort of twisted wind up. Terry Russell has already changed his 2020 budget several times to try to find ways of replacing the income from 2 lost Poole home meetings

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I see you still haven't done one 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Shock horror Poole have gone bust because DC2 says so!! What an idiotic post.

If you are so concerned with Poole's future you might try reading all the reasons Poole lost money last year. 

And yet a month ago you reassured everyone:

On 10/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, Skidder1 said:

Poole will be in the top league again in 2020. Their existing (and new?) sponsors and the probability of a new TV contract will certainly support this. 

:)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And yet a month ago you reassured everyone:

:)

Yes but that was before I spoke with Matt and Danny

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Shock horror Poole have gone bust because DC2 says so!! What an idiotic post. If you are so concerned with Poole's future you might try reading all the reasons Poole lost money last year. They are well documented even for those on some sort of twisted wind up. Terry Russell has already changed his 2020 budget several times to try to find ways of replacing the income from 2 lost Poole home meetings

F***ing hell you've posted some sh*t on this forum but that's right up there, it's been 10 yrs since Poole brought a following that couldn't be accommodated on a skateboard and since the days of Ward and Holder the additional home fans can be counted on one hand, I for one won't miss the Poole 'Pisstaking' Pirates one iota from the top league.

Edited by The Weasel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1