British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

What the team or track 

Both! Poole are now a 2nd rate team and a dump of a track. That’s why Matt can not sell the club and will be closed down next year.!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Speedtiger said:

Both! Poole are now a 2nd rate team and a dump of a track. That’s why Matt can not sell the club and will be closed down next year.!

Blimey, that’s a bit harsh.

Surely there’s a chance of the NL first?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

The fans!!!!. Perhaps you are one of those who prefers wednesday nights to premier league. Some do

One of the many.

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

One of the many.

No probs from me if that what you prefer

just to cover all the bases,    someone start a poole thread in the national league....you never know what will happen after the coming season

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, geoff58 said:

well he won't be going back there In a hurry when he sees  what's on offer at NSS you can always watch him at the NSS on TV enjoy Edinburgh redcar berwick :rofl:

Oh I don't think Brady has any issues with Poole or the track , he didn't have a great season and maybe the NSS will suit him better but you can't say he wouldn't want to return .

12 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

That's nice, I don't think most speedway fans would want any club closed, I expect most clubs would have trouble selling their club especially if they didn't own the stadium they ride on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, capone said:

just to cover all the bases,    someone start a poole thread in the national league....you never know what will happen after the coming season

And for extra insurance, isn’t there a Bygone Days section?

Could Pathe News film Poole now?

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

That's nice, I don't think most speedway fans would want any club closed, I expect most clubs would have trouble selling their club especially if they didn't own the stadium they ride on.

Me neither but that’s what’s going to happen I’m told coz Matt is stuck for cash to build his hotel in France! He says he can not finance both! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No it's not a nice comment. I know what it is like to lose your speedway team but sadly there were a number of Poole supporters on this forum who enjoyed watching Coventry's demise. You were certainly not one of them but it is hardly surprising that you are getting some of these responses now. Poole won't be missed that much because they never did have large number of travelling fans but every PL team being lost to the league is a huge blow to the sport.

I sincerely hope you have a successful season in the Championship and I hope the team/club continues for many years.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dj350z said:

No it's not a nice comment. I know what it is like to lose your speedway team but sadly there were a number of Poole supporters on this forum who enjoyed watching Coventry's demise. You were certainly not one of them but it is hardly surprising that you are getting some of these responses now. Poole won't be missed that much because they never did have large number of travelling fans but every PL team being lost to the league is a huge blow to the sport.

I sincerely hope you have a successful season in the Championship and I hope the team/club continues for many years.

Thankyou, personally I am very sad that Coventry speedway is lost, I very much enjoyed my trips to Brandon including the times when it hosted the GP, seeing AJ rip between Adams and T Rick was a sight to behold. As a fan who does travel to a lot of away tracks, it is certainly something else I will miss as I doubt I will travel as much to Championship tracks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Who is missing Poole already? Nah me neither. :D

Your financial manager will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Me neither but that’s what’s going to happen I’m told coz Matt is stuck for cash to build his hotel in France! He says he can not finance both! 

Bull rubbish. He's not trying to finance both. He's in a partnership.. He's not even building a hotel. He's helping to renovate a chateau. If he's that desperate for cash then he would have accepted any offer - and there were some!! Why would you put your son in charge of something that couldn't make money and why would his son give up his full time day job if there wasn't money to be made?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, geoff58 said:

well he won't be going back there In a hurry when he sees  what's on offer at NSS you can always watch him at the NSS on TV enjoy Edinburgh redcar berwick :rofl:

The only reason you have got him because Poole have dropped down, soon as we move back up, he will be back like a shot 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

You would like to see another club fold would you 

• Like 1