British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Don't see why a move from Poole will do him good apart from its normal for you to have a dig at Poole any chance you get.  He had to move away from Poole, he didn't choose to. 

Because sometimes riders at certain clubs are in their comfort zone and they need a new challenge and something to ignite their fire again.

Im sure Brady is looking forward to the new season with excitement and the new challenge and lets be honest a track he should love compared to Pooles

Typical Poole response though to feel the club is under attack

I just think at times certain riders can do with a move away........possibly Robert Lambert may benefit to

Edited by Gavan

Riders generally do improve when they move away from Poole. 

48 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Riders generally do improve when they move away from Poole. 

Like...? 

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Like...? 

Jason Doyle :rolleyes:

Adam Ellis :rolleyes: 

Leigh Adams :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Because sometimes riders at certain clubs are in their comfort zone and they need a new challenge and something to ignite their fire again.

Im sure Brady is looking forward to the new season with excitement and the new challenge and lets be honest a track he should love compared to Pooles

Typical Poole response though to feel the club is under attack

I just think at times certain riders can do with a move away........possibly Robert Lambert may benefit to

Typical Gavan response trying to gloss over the dig at Poole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Doyle was injured most of the time at Poole.

Adams was only at one season before he went to Swindon, he did return though so can't have been that bad.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Adams was only at one season before he went to Swindon, he did return though so can't have been that bad.

So as I said - all 3 improved when they left Poole!!  Which is what was being asked!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Like...? 

Steve0 has mentioned at least 3. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

So as I said - all 3 improved when they left Poole!!  Which is what was being asked!!

Leigh Adams rode for Poole in the then National League back in 1989. Poole remained in that League for 1990 season. Over the 89/90 winter, Leigh moved up to the British League by joining Swindon 

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

So as I said - all 3 improved when they left Poole!!  Which is what was being asked!!

But not because they left Poole which is what was implied.

Think Brady going somewhere else is a good idea for his career. Riders move all the time and suddenly explode onto the scene. Nic Klindt for example has stepped it up since he went to Poole. 

Doyle left Poole and became a WC. Magic left Swindon delivered 3 titles straight and been a solid GP rider with the potential to win a Medal.

Personally for his career I would like to see Lambert maybe move to BV in the future. At the end of the day once you can turn the Bike in the U.K. I would be going to BV to try and get ready for Poland. 

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But not because they left Poole which is what was implied.

So Adam Ellis (two times league winner) and Jason Doyle, World Champion, did not improve for leaving Poole? You sure you want to go with that statement fb?

You could also add Peter Kildemand. He definitely improved after being signed by you boys. :P

52 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

So Adam Ellis (two times league winner) and Jason Doyle, World Champion, did not improve for leaving Poole? You sure you want to go with that statement fb?

You could also add Peter Kildemand. He definitely improved after being signed by you boys. :P

I didn't say that, i said not because they left Poole.

5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

They would have all improved whether they stayed at Poole or not, as all pretty young when they left. Any proper examples? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Would have improved if they stayed anyway, so doesn't count.