British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Steve0 has mentioned at least 3. 

Can always add, unless you can't think of any?? Which is surprising given your statement! If you can't back it up maybe you shouldn't say it?? 

Antonio Lindback went from Poole to Belle Vue.......How did that work out??

(Clue....7+  average to 4 point average....) 

Vaclav Milik to Kings Lynn.......oops!!

Yep....ALL riders improve beyond recognition when they leave Poole!!!

• Like 2

Not sure Milik is s great example, he only rode a few meetings for Lynn and was carrying an injury in most of them. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure Milik is s great example, he only rode a few meetings for Lynn and was carrying an injury in most of them. 

The same could be said of Doyle, he was injured most of the time at Poole. Riders move clubs for all sorts of reasons, some improve, some don't but its hardly ever because they moved. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They would have all improved whether they stayed at Poole or not, as all pretty young when they left. Any proper examples? 

You asked for examples, I gave you 3 and then you move the goalposts.  :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would have improved if they stayed anyway, so doesn't count. 

Well they do count because all 3 are examples of riders who improved after leaving Poole - which is what was asked for! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Can always add, unless you can't think of any?? Which is surprising given your statement! If you can't back it up maybe you shouldn't say it?? 

I backed it up - and because you didn’t like the answer, you say they don’t count.  Well they absolutely do - asked and answered QED :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Typical Gavan response trying to gloss over the dig at Poole.

Stop being a tad pathetic

Klindts career has soared since he joined Poole..its what happens sometimes

I think Kurtz will benefit from a move away from Poole

Some riders will benefit from a move to Poole

Hope that helps jesus

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Stop being a tad pathetic

Klindts career has soared since he joined Poole..its what happens sometimes

I think Kurtz will benefit from a move away from Poole

Some riders will benefit from a move to Poole

Hope that helps jesus

It could help Brady, hope so because he got a lot of flack from you and me last season as he was pretty awful, a little surprised Swindon didn't want him as he is pretty good at Blunsdon usually and as we know riders improve massively at Swindon! Blasphemy on a Sunday wow! 

Edited by foreverblue

I can remember a certain Tony Rickardsson and Mark Loram having some of there best times while in Poole colours, and going further back Malcolm Simmons had his best days as a pirate 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

I can remember a certain Tony Rickardsson and Mark Loram having some of there best times while in Poole colours, and going further back Malcolm Simmons had his best days as a pirate 

Don't remember Simmons myself not because i didn't go to speedway then, always loved Loram and Ricko, amazing riders. 

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I backed it up - and because you didn’t like the answer, you say they don’t count.  Well they absolutely do - asked and answered QED :rolleyes:

I was actually talking to the other Steve as he was the one who made the original statement. Quite funny, he says it but can't think of any examples! Young riders improve wherever they are. If you can think of any mid-career ones, that would help. For example, Chris Holder could have been one as he was getting some form before all the Buster drama. 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Marks best 2 seasons were 1999 and 2000 when riding for Poole..shame it ended the way it did....

Rickardsson had already won 3 world titles before joining Poole but did win 2 more in Poole colours......his dominance for me was 1998-2005 and i dont think it mattered where he rode

Some riders will just fit in at certain clubs.........my opinion is that Brady could blossom by moving away

• Like 1

Got to agree Brady and Jack will thrive away from the Poole spotlight.

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Marks best 2 seasons were 1999 and 2000 when riding for Poole..shame it ended the way it did....

Rickardsson had already won 3 world titles before joining Poole but did win 2 more in Poole colours......his dominance for me was 1998-2005 and i dont think it mattered where he rode

Some riders will just fit in at certain clubs.........my opinion is that Brady could blossom by moving away

Well he's at the best track in this country, and his team manager is a decent bloke, so if he can't do it there, he will never do it