British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Agree with what’s been said. 

some riders do better away from certain clubs. Chris Holder should have never left Poole for example. (I know this was really a ford decision) 

Lindback was never that good at the other clubs he rode in the U.K.. Yet he was with Poole. 

KK was just odd. But that’s KK. 

Kurtz had so much pressure on him. Probably the most in demand signature in british speedway in last 5 years. Every club wanted him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I was actually talking to the other Steve as he was the one who made the original statement. Quite funny, he says it but can't think of any examples! Young riders improve wherever they are. If you can think of any mid-career ones, that would help. For example, Chris Holder could have been one as he was getting some form before all the Buster drama. 

Was he? Before that awful evening I can only remember him having one decent meeting for Lynn and that was at Poole, he was pretty dreadful up until his sacking. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I was actually talking to the other Steve as he was the one who made the original statement. Quite funny, he says it but can't think of any examples! Young riders improve wherever they are. If you can think of any mid-career ones, that would help. For example, Chris Holder could have been one as he was getting some form before all the Buster drama. 

You were given 3 by Steve0 but you choose to ignore them. :rolleyes:

If you are going to keep changing the goalposts then it’s pointless getting into a debate about it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thought poole were a championship team !!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Was he? Before that awful evening I can only remember him having one decent meeting for Lynn and that was at Poole, he was pretty awful up until his sacking. 

Pretty awful was being a bit kind Bagpuss

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You were given 3 by Steve0 but you choose to ignore them. :rolleyes:

If you are going to keep changing the goalposts then it’s pointless getting into a debate about it.  

You said riders improve when they leave Poole, but you are only going along with 3 that someone else has said. Pretty poor statement from you that you can't think of any others. Considering the amount of riders Poole have gone through in the past 20 years, 3 riders is prob even barely 2%!! So most riders who leave Poole don't improve then..? 

20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Was he? Before that awful evening I can only remember him having one decent meeting for Lynn and that was at Poole, he was pretty dreadful up until his sacking. 

I thought he was starting to..

Just now, lisa-colette said:

You said riders improve when they leave Poole, but you are only going along with 3 that someone else has said. Pretty poor statement from you that you can't think of any others. Considering the amount of riders Poole have gone through in the past 20 years, 3 riders is prob even barely 2%!! So most riders who leave Poole don't improve then..? 

What a pointless debate

Some riders improve for moving away from certain clubs as they become stale at that club and are stuck in a rut so to speak

Kurtz is a rider that could benefit from a change of club in my opinion

Klindt could actually go the other way as he was obviously happy with everything at Poole (hope not as he seems to be coming to us at Ipswich)

Its not aimed at Poole but some Poole fans cant quite grasp that........riders will have improved for moving away from Poole ....and some riders will improve for a move to Poole...

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

They were 3 riders that I thought of too however what is clear you would have used the same argument with me also.

As I’ve said the question was answered but you have chosen to move the goal posts as expected. 

It’s the typical response from a blinkered blue blooded fan. 

• Like 1

Jack Holder put 1.57 on his average when he moved to Somerset yet stagnated when he moved back to Poole only adding 0.10 to his starting average.

9 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Jack Holder put 1.57 on his average when he moved to Somerset yet stagnated when he moved back to Poole only adding 0.10 to his starting average.

Your point is?

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Your point is?

Read the thread.

9 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Read the thread.

If you had read you would realise that what has been said is some riders improve for a change of club, some don't , sometimes it just happens at the right time maybe after an  injury,do you think a change for Bewley and Steve Worrall would help them!

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

They were 3 riders that I thought of too however what is clear you would have used the same argument with me also.

As I’ve said the question was answered but you have chosen to move the goal posts as expected. 

It’s the typical response from a blinkered blue blooded fan. 

Because they are young and would have improved if they stayed at Poole anyway? Your argument is completely floored if you think most riders who leave Poole improve, when you can only think of 6 in the last 20 years? That is a very small minority. Ironically Ryan Douglas is better at Poole than Wolves, so track can't be that bad! And Nick Morris got worse when riding for Wolves than when he was at Swindon! So maybe look at your own team first!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Because they are young and would have improved if they stayed at Poole anyway? Your argument is completely floored if you think most riders who leave Poole improve, when you can only think of 6 in the last 20 years? That is a very small minority. Ironically Ryan Douglas is better at Poole than Wolves, so track can't be that bad! And Nick Morris got worse when riding for Wolves than when he was at Swindon! So maybe look at your own team first!! 

A typical blue tint response. And a flawed response. Doyle wasn’t young when he rode for Poole. :rolleyes:

I stand by my point however tho what that has to do with Wolves is baffling.

Wolves have in general been loyal to riders which is a different position to Poole anyway. But feel free naming riders that got better when leaving Wolves to make your point. I’ll even start you with one, Musielak. :t:

And you are still trying to defend that dreadful track?? Good luck championship fans, welcome to the world of the blue tints. 

• Like 4