British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

11 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I seem to remember this member having a number of spats a few months ago when she got similarly het up and kept on and on and on, even accusing other members of bullying.  I thought she took my friendly suggestion at the time of maybe using the close season as a perfect time to chill away from the forum.  Seems that hasn't exactly happened. 

That may be the case, but in this case she is correct, or is the forum now at a level where facts no longer matter?

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

That may be the case, but in this case she is correct, or is the forum now at a level where facts no longer matter?

116 pages about Poole 2020 in the Premiership section seems to prove facts are totally irrelevant!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ray c said:

no signings yet we are waiting for all seven riders to be named all in one hit :unsure::unsure:

Ready for 2021

15 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Someone, i'm not sure if it was lisa as i can't be bothered to go back thru said something about the age of a rider not being relevant as they were young so would therefore improve anyway.

The argument isn't black and white.  Just a little pathetic the constant harping on imo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Someone, i'm not sure if it was lisa as i can't be bothered to go back thru said something about the age of a rider not being relevant as they were young so would therefore improve anyway.

The argument isn't black and white.  Just a little pathetic the constant harping on imo. 

Indeed, but are they not both as bad?

Stevebrum made a claim, he isn't able to back it up or prove it. All he had to do was say he meant 'some' riders.. but he's too stubborn to do that. Lisa may be going on, but she is in the right with her initial point. Stevebrum has no proof that riders 'generally' improve after leaving Poole. Given their success levels over the years that statement is more likely to apply to all the other clubs surely?

Anyways.. have a nice Christmas/New Year.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Only caught part of this.. 

But you've said, "Generally riders improve when they leave Poole". 

One wonders how they had so much success over the years if riders 'generally improve' when they leave...

Bleat, moan, deflect away.. your statement is unproven and most likely wrong.

SOME riders improve.

If you only caught part of it then you don’t know what the point is. :rolleyes:

She suggested that it will be a struggle to name any riders that have and straight away names were given. She then changed the goalposts to ask for more names.

Unless you’ve read the whole thread then best not comment. 

I’ve no intention in getting into yet another pointless discussion about this.

Whether my original comment is right or wrong, Lisa won’t accept that she got it wrong that no one could name any riders. It’s pointless getting into a debate with someone who changes the goal posts with every post.

20 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The facts are she said I’d struggle to name any and names have been mentioned but won’t accept she was wrong.

Anyway, it’s beyond juvenile and about time this thread was locked or moved to the CL. 

• Like 2

Just now, stevebrum said:

If you only caught part of it then you don’t know what the point is. :rolleyes:

She suggested that it will be a struggle to name any riders that have and straight away names were given. She then changed the goalposts to ask for more names.

Unless you’ve read the whole thread then best not comment. 

I’ve no intention in getting into yet another pointless discussion about this.

Whether my original comment is right or wrong, Lisa won’t accept that she got it wrong that no one could name any riders. It’s pointless getting into a debate with someone who changes the goal posts with every post.

The facts are she said I’d struggle to name any and names have been mentioned but won’t accept she was wrong.

Anyway, it’s beyond juvenile and about time this thread was locked or moved to the CL. 

All the rambling in between is irrelevant. 

Your statement of riders 'generally improve after leaving Poole' is at best unproven and most likely false. 

Do riders 'generally improve after leaving Wolverhampton' too? 

Poole more than any club have had riders improve in their time riding for them... that's why they've constantly been at the top end of the table.

21 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's time to lock/delete this now.

Pleeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssse!!!!!!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

All the rambling in between is irrelevant. 

Your statement of riders 'generally improve after leaving Poole' is at best unproven and most likely false. 

Do riders 'generally improve after leaving Wolverhampton' too? 

Poole more than any club have had riders improve in their time riding for them... that's why they've constantly been at the top end of the table.

Is that because you loan them out to drop their average and then use them the following season when surprise surprise their average goes back up...... !

who is Admin for this ?? poole fan by any chance ??? can't be any other reason ?? 

Just scrolling through all the posts. Pop on here. Same people going over the same arguments year in year out. 

Talk about sad. 

Get a life FFS

Only read a bit of this, so might have missed some stuff, however.. 

Leon Madsen came to mind immediately, well done me.. :t:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Only read a bit of this, so might have missed some stuff, however.. 

Leon Madsen came to mind immediately, well done me.. :t:

I'm pretty sure he falls into the "he was young so was gonna improve anyway" comeback that very typically was given many pages back

You're right tho..  :t:

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

I'm pretty sure he falls into the "he was young so was gonna improve anyway" comeback that very typically was given many pages back

You're right tho..  :t:

You can't prove Madsen has improved or would increase his average  as he hasn't ridden here since riding for Poole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3