British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

19 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Indeed, but are they not both as bad?

Stevebrum made a claim, he isn't able to back it up or prove it. All he had to do was say he meant 'some' riders.. but he's too stubborn to do that. Lisa may be going on, but she is in the right with her initial point. Stevebrum has no proof that riders 'generally' improve after leaving Poole. Given their success levels over the years that statement is more likely to apply to all the other clubs surely?

Anyways.. have a nice Christmas/New Year.

Exactly! Some riders have improved when leaving Poole and some haven't. Definitely not most though. If he can give me a list of 25-30 names then fine, I'll zip it! 

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

If you only caught part of it then you don’t know what the point is. :rolleyes:

She suggested that it will be a struggle to name any riders that have and straight away names were given. She then changed the goalposts to ask for more names.

Unless you’ve read the whole thread then best not comment. 

I’ve no intention in getting into yet another pointless discussion about this.

Whether my original comment is right or wrong, Lisa won’t accept that she got it wrong that no one could name any riders. It’s pointless getting into a debate with someone who changes the goal posts with every post.

The facts are she said I’d struggle to name any and names have been mentioned but won’t accept she was wrong.

Anyway, it’s beyond juvenile and about time this thread was locked or moved to the CL. 

No, I said you'd struggle to name 'most' riders. You've claimed 'most' riders have improved since leaving ,so name them. 8-12 isn't most it is a few or some. More spin than a politician, you!! 

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No, I said you'd struggle to name 'most' riders. You've claimed 'most' riders have improved since leaving ,so name them. 8-12 isn't most it is a few or some. More spin than a politician, you!! 

Just say, those that have improved have done so because of what they learned at Poole :)

• Like 2

time for this to jog onto championship thread :angry:

On 12/7/2019 at 5:08 PM, stevebrum said:

Riders generally do improve when they move away from Poole. 

Here was my original comment. A ‘general’ comment that doesn’t state most.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:56 PM, lisa-colette said:

Like...? 

You asked for examples.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:26 PM, Steve0 said:

Jason Doyle :rolleyes:

Adam Ellis :rolleyes: 

Leigh Adams :rolleyes:

These were 3 examples that got posted before I could add.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:07 AM, lisa-colette said:

They would have all improved whether they stayed at Poole or not, as all pretty young when they left. Any proper examples? 

3 examples given yet you don’t accept those as ‘proper’ examples. Doyle wasn’t young. 

On 12/8/2019 at 12:08 AM, lisa-colette said:

Would have improved if they stayed anyway, so doesn't count. 

Again, another goal post changer.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:56 AM, Steve0 said:

You asked for examples, I gave you 3 and then you move the goalposts.  :rolleyes: 

Perfect example of what was asked. 

On 12/10/2019 at 5:26 PM, lisa-colette said:

No it didn't!!! It started because someone said ' every rider who leaves Poole improves' Trouble is said person knows what they said is a load of bull but they keep digging that hole! :rofl:

More lies and made up info. No one EVER said every rider. Only Lisa.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

As previously discussed I’m not going to bother wasting my time researching averages because all you will do is not accept names put forward, make excuses because they might or might not have improved, say they are too young etc blah de blah.

You make stuff up (every rider) and then ignore examples. I’ve no intention of wasting my time on this because you want to prove a point.

You already lost the point by ignoring examples given.

Hopefully this nonsense will get the thread close ASAP. Not before yet another blue tint response. 

Doyle was early 20's when he left Poole how is that not young! Lol. 

Unless you can name at least 25 riders your 'generally riders who leave Poole..' is incorrect, it is a few or some but not generally. 

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Just say, those that have improved have done so because of what they learned at Poole :)

Oh yeah, good point!! Scott Nicholls is a good example of that. Left Ipswich as a reserve, 2 years at Poole and went back as a no1 or the very least a HL. 

How many riders  over the years have improved by going to Poole? quite a few I think  .One  that didn't though was Scott  Autrey improved is wrong really he was  a still class act  but could not quite get back to his best but he was terrific generally at Wimborne Rd remember him winning the Hartwell trophy.

boring boring boring move onto championship thread give it a rest :nono:

• Like 1

Just now, geoff58 said:

boring boring boring move onto championship thread give it a rest :nono:

Is someone forcing you to read?

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

How many riders  over the years have improved by going to Poole? quite a few I think  .One  that didn't though was Scott  Autrey improved is wrong really he was  a still class act  but could not quite get back to his best but he was terrific generally at Wimborne Rd remember him winning the Hartwell trophy.

You could compile a list for almost any track I suspect Sid.. both positive and negative. Riders joining at different stages of their career, what happened in their previous year, whether they like the track or not.. lots of variables.

All we know is Poole have been adept, through one means or another, of signing riders who increase their averages... which is why they have been so successful.

47 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Here was my original comment. A ‘general’ comment that doesn’t state most.

As previously discussed I’m not going to bother wasting my time researching averages because all you will do is not accept names put forward, make excuses because they might or might not have improved, say they are too young etc blah de blah.

Yes Steve, we know you said "Riders generally do improve when they move away from Poole"

Definition of generally "in most cases; usually."

You then go on to admit you don't actually know.

So what can be established is... 

1: You don't understand the English language.
2: You don't even know if what you have been banging on about is actually correct.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You could compile a list for almost any track I suspect Sid.. both positive and negative. Riders joining at different stages of their career, what happened in their previous year, whether they like the track or not.. lots of variables.

All we know is Poole have been adept, through one means or another, of signing riders who increase their averages... which is why they have been so successful.

Hate to say it but our top league will miss  Poole , and i hope they do well and maybe get more stability and rejoin again in 2021.

• Like 4