British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

When will this topic be moved (or merged) with the Championship.

Poole supporters need to realise that they are no longer in the top league!

Perhaps the reality is that without the demotion there may not be any speedway in Poole, so they are a very welcome addition to the Championship.

• Like 2

who really cares boring boring put it on CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD :angry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

If you said 'a few' then 3 would be the right amount. But you didn't. You said 'generally' which is most. 

You said ‘like?’ to my original comment and Steve0 beat me to answering some obvious ones. You then said not all them count.

So you were given riders that have but you continued to change the goal posts and say they don’t count. What would be the point in going over all the names that have improved for you to so they don’t count. Priceless comment.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Why would you need to research averages? Surely you would have done that before you made that statement!! So really it was a random stab in the dark and now you can't admit you got it wrong, and change 'generally' to a 'few' or even 'some'. 

I’ll be changing nothing because you change the goal posts every time you posted about it. As previously stated it’s not a scientific fact I’ve quoted, just an opinion. 

You still won’t admit you kept changing the goal posts anyway. First it was ‘these riders don’t count, too young, would have got better anyway right thru to the huge mistake of saying  I said EVERY rider. If you had a credible defence or argument I might have played ball with you. 

Its a redundant argument now anyway. 

You have to pity the poor CL fans who have to put up with this constant blue tinted rubbish every day.

I still chuckle at the line you said about Ryan Douglas likes to ride at Poole because it’s a good track. Comedy gold mostly every time. :wink::icon_smile_clown:

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Are you happy with the way your side is shaping Skidder.?

More than happy with the 3 heat leaders (who are all Premiership riders) and who I expect the two reserves to be. I gather there is a bit of a rethink with the number  4 position which may affect the final reserve. Neilsen also needs to prove he's not injury prone. With Danny Ford taking a much more hands on role with the day to day running if the club and a much more vibrant social media output - yes well pleased so far and renewed my deal with Danny today!!

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Have you ever known Skidder criticise the Poole promotion?  :)

There are more than enough ready to do that on here without me chipping in. If I have an issue with MF then i'll raise it with him one to one. It's been like that since he took over.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

More than happy with the 3 heat leaders (who are all Premiership riders) and who I expect the two reserves to be. I gather there is a bit of a rethink with the number  4 position which may affect the final reserve. Neilsen also needs to prove he's not injury prone. With Danny Ford taking a much more hands on role with the day to day running if the club and a much more vibrant social media output - yes well pleased so far and renewed my deal with Danny today!!

Sounds good but number 4 position will be crucial but overall a good side that will challenge for the honours and I won't ask what your deal with Danny is!!!!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Sounds good but number 4 position will be crucial but overall a good side that will challenge for the honours and I won't ask what your deal with Danny is!!!!

I'm sure the club will maintain its highly successful 'it's not how you start it's how you finish' policy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure the club will maintain its highly successful 'it's not how you start it's how you finish' policy.

Oh, crikey, let’s hope they don’t finish next year in the NL!   :)

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Oh, crikey, let’s hope they don’t finish next year in the NL!   :)

T**t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

You said ‘like?’ to my original comment and Steve0 beat me to answering some obvious ones. You then said not all them count.

So you were given riders that have but you continued to change the goal posts and say they don’t count. What would be the point in going over all the names that have improved for you to so they don’t count. Priceless comment.

I’ll be changing nothing because you change the goal posts every time you posted about it. As previously stated it’s not a scientific fact I’ve quoted, just an opinion. 

You still won’t admit you kept changing the goal posts anyway. First it was ‘these riders don’t count, too young, would have got better anyway right thru to the huge mistake of saying  I said EVERY rider. If you had a credible defence or argument I might have played ball with you. 

Its a redundant argument now anyway. 

You have to pity the poor CL fans who have to put up with this constant blue tinted rubbish every day.

I still chuckle at the line you said about Ryan Douglas likes to ride at Poole because it’s a good track. Comedy gold mostly every time. :wink::icon_smile_clown:

Steve0 is welcome to do a few as he made no statement to back up. Why should he back up YOUR statement? If you can't do it, no one else can!

All I said was young riders will improve wherever they are. Doesn't matter if they are at Ipswich or BV. 

Attack me all you like but it doesn't change the fact that you can't back up YOUR own statement. Which is still incorrect btw. 

Oh, and you are either wrong or you don't know what generally means. Which is it? 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Unless you go to a play off semi final with a 10 point lead......at a track you had won at twice previously.......and see your riders just not bother.............you started a lot better than you finished last season

But then again for once Poole made shocking signings that cost them the league

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Oh wow I don't think i've heard that one before!!??  Much!  Apart from almost every other Gav post!

Seriously can't keep away. Sad really!