British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Stop press. Pirates new clothing range...

Image result for let it go pictures clothing

It's time to do the right thing  Mods. :t: 

Why don't you let it go then, the thread wouldn't still be going if you didn't keep posting on it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why don't you let it go then, the thread wouldn't still be going if you didn't keep posting on it. 

Of course it would.... I'm not keeping it going. Just asking for it to be removed/locked.

But you just did by replying ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, poole keith said:

i didnt want div2 speedway but am hoping, in fact i fully expect to enjoy it,however i do totally agree with you that the wed/thurs situation was not an issue,if you ask supporters if they preferred weds a lot may say they do but that doesnt mean they wont still go on a thurs,there are just as many people who have other commitments on a wed as a thurs.hoping there are really decent crowds nxt yr but its going to be tough,best chance might be to really target families during the school hols which they never seem to.

I will give it a chance. But I am expecting crowds to be down. Happens in all sports. Crowds drop the lower the league.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Of course it would.... I'm not keeping it going. Just asking for it to be removed/locked.

But you just did by replying ;)

I am not asking for it to be locked!! 

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I will give it a chance. But I am expecting crowds to be down. Happens in all sports. Crowds drop the lower the league.

Now it’s just a wild guess, but might this this be the first line in your first match report in 2020:

”Just back and what a thrilling experience that was, far superior to the PL, with much closer racing ......... “

:)

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Now it’s just a wild guess, but might this this be the first line in your first match report in 2020:

”Just back and what a thrilling experience that was, far superior to the PL, with much closer racing ......... “

:)

I somehow doubt it very much. 

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I somehow doubt it very much. 

So do I, but you’ll spin it!  :)

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So do I, but you’ll spin it!  :)

Don't forget the wobblers

I would just like to see any speedway racing at my local track. Good luck to the pirates. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good that you are giving it a chance. On a positive note consider that last season attendances at Leicester we’re notably higher than previous year despite dropping down to the championship. 
generally these days the top two flights of speedway appear to have crowd levels more influenced by entertainment value than which league the teams are racing in and frankly on that matter it is debatable that the top flight does indeed provide better entertainment. 
Hope you get to enjoy 2020. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I know a lot of people are exited and looking forward to it

I think that's what's called a Freudian slip given the prediction of lower crowds now Poole are in the Championship. :unsure:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Good that you are giving it a chance. On a positive note consider that last season attendances at Leicester we’re notably higher than previous year despite dropping down to the championship. 
generally these days the top two flights of speedway appear to have crowd levels more influenced by entertainment value than which league the teams are racing in and frankly on that matter it is debatable that the top flight does indeed provide better entertainment. 
Hope you get to enjoy 2020. 

Being bottom of the PL for a couple of seasons and then winning the CL would be the key to crowd levels there, nothing to do with entertainment at all, the fickle love a winner.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I think that's what's called a Freudian slip given the prediction of lower crowds now Poole are in the Championship. :unsure:

I don't think the crowds will be affected too much, we have a decent team that is successful then it may be a little down but not much. I have been to tracks in the lower leagues before and crowd levels seem good.