British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

1 hour ago, Toto said:

Great to see the end of the pirates. You reap what you sow Ford 

What a nice speedway supporter you are, with that sort of attitude you won't have speedway to watch 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Toto said:

Wishing the Matt Ford Consortium all the best in taking on and developing the whole stadium!

Just think with 'money no object' and income from a 7-day a week operation, Premiership speedway (and even a NDL side) could be back.

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk  today.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Wishing the Matt Ford Consortium all the best in taking on and developing the whole stadium!

Just think with 'money no object' and income from a 7-day a week operation, Premiership speedway (and even a NDL side) could be back.

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk  today.

thats optimistic at best, would a NDL side bring the crowds in to make it worth running ?

would the consortium have the pockets to fund a premiership team, after all Ford himself chose to drop to championship and costs must have been a reason for that. adding the ownership and running costs of a stadium on top of that won't help.

who knows what state the sport will be in once we get through the worst of covid and a recession, will there even be speedway in the country.

18 hours ago, Toto said:

totally uncalled for in a club that is steeped in history.just take stock of what you are saying as it often has a nasty habit of coming back and biting you on the derrière'

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Toto said:

I only hope you post is a joke in very bad taste.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I only hope you post is a joke in very bad taste.

Not a joke at all.Ford was willing to put Cov and Boro out of business without a care in the world. People have short memories 

41 minutes ago, Toto said:

Not a joke at all.Ford was willing to put Cov and Boro out of business without a care in the world. People have short memories 

Take your anger out on Ford not the club.

Edited by wealdstone

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Take your anger out on Ford not the club.

What anger has he got with matt just a wind up merchant the team he support or suppose to never been to poole 

2 hours ago, Toto said:

Were you born then 

5 hours ago, Toto said:

That may or may not be true but it was also a different time. Neither Poole Speedway or the owners are responsible for the pandemic, the actions of those who run greyhound racing or the local plan. I suspect that many clubs are possibly under the cosh as we live in different times and different priorities and who knows what will be left of the world of U.K. speedway. One thing you may well find is that most Redcar fans could do without your sort of support. You are not a true speedway follower but I guess you have something that you get off on but let us know when you next visit the southern part of the U.K. and those tracks that are left, many will be more than happy to put you right and god help you if you turn up at Poole and are bold enough to make yourself known. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

That may or may not be true but it was also a different time. Neither Poole Speedway or the owners are responsible for the pandemic, the actions of those who run greyhound racing or the local plan. I suspect that many clubs are possibly under the cosh as we live in different times and different priorities and who knows what will be left of the world of U.K. speedway. One thing you may well find is that most Redcar fans could do without your sort of support. You are not a true speedway follower but I guess you have something that you get off on but let us know when you next visit the southern part of the U.K. and those tracks that are left, many will be more than happy to put you right and god help you if you turn up at Poole and are bold enough to make yourself known. 

How can I turn up at  Poole if its closed.

10 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

He’ll be the bloke singing Hold The Line. 

17 hours ago, Toto said:

I must have a short memory. Please explain how Matt Ford was trying to put Coventry and Peterborough out of business, “without a care in the world”. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I must have a short memory. Please explain how Matt Ford was trying to put Coventry and Peterborough out of business, “without a care in the world”. 

He wasn’t. He and other promoters were tying to keep the sport viable. Matt Ford is no angel but if people knew the truth about the so called Winter of Discontent they would know that he and a couple of other promoters did a a lot behind the scenes to patch up the differences and keep the sport together in that time.

I am no lover of Matt Ford , and I have been critical of him enough on here, but credit where it’s due, he understood the sport better, and was a far better administrator of the sport in his time on the BSPA management committee than the cowboy currently masquerading as chairman will ever know how to be.

Toto is absolutely clueless about the sport. But of course , we knew that already.

• Like 4