British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

19 hours ago, orion said:

When you take on Clarke Osbourne it tends to end up one way .. cant be long before you hear talk of another staduim as they build houses on this one 

Hopefully will be different, Clarke Osborne doesn't own Poole stadium, the council do 

4 hours ago, dabbsjoe said:

the duchess account, i remember that one.

wildly extreme views they were.

Of Sherbourne!

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Hopefully will be different, Clarke Osborne doesn't own Poole stadium, the council do 

i think we got a better chance of speedway if stadia uk is still running the stadium next year lets wait and see what there plans are . dont think the council will want it back in there hands at this moment in time. just my opinion of course  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ray c said:

i think we got a better chance of speedway if stadia uk is still running the stadium next year lets wait and see what there plans are . dont think the council will want it back in there hands at this moment in time. just my opinion of course  

If Stadia UK give back the lease then the Council will be encouraging developers to show interest. Richard Carr anyone!!!!!!:shock:

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:37 PM, noaksey said:

The good thing is that Ford will work very hard to try and ensure the Pirates survive otherwise any hope that one day he can sell them (might be a long shot anyway these days) will be gone 

I admit to not being a Ford fan. I see it the same. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, Dave Jones said:

I think EIA needs a reminder of what was going on around that time.Ford was unhappy that Coventry had managed to keep Shamek at reserve for so long, IMO they used the very same criteria that Ford himself used many times (ie they played Ford at his own game)and he didn't like it .Pawlicki's 16 +1  did for Poole on the second leg meeting and Ford reacted by taking in his firework display, turning off the hot water to the visitors shower room & removing the Champagne from the bar area. Hardly the reaction  expected from a mature person.

Then came the sudden rapidly arranged meeting by a select few who connived a change in the conversion factor for lower league riders moving up, effectively screwing up bees deals for two riders already in place. I've seen comments that the teams shouldn't be selected before the AGM but we all know that it was the accepted way of doing things for years ,and probably stilll is now. We also had the re assessment of Pawlicki's average, another very unfair decision. 

Despite all the protests to the contrary it seems blatantly obvious that Ford was the Prime Mover in all that went on in the winter of discontent, & to add insult to injury he then proceded to register Kildemand as a poole rider whilst the bees were in the middle of a team shuffle mid season 2011. Kildemand went public and stated that he had no knowledge of his transfer to Poole as he hadn't even spoken to Ford. But it did have the desired effect as it stopped Coventry using him again.Those are just some of the moves of a very underhanded & bitter man.

Not that you are biased in any way of course..

TBH I rather have Matt in charge of the club I support than the terrible threesome of Sandhu, Trump and Horton!:neutral::blink:

Edited by lisa-colette
added sentence
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 5:07 PM, BWitcher said:

Spot on.

It was downhill from there for the Elite League, culminating in the closure of one of the sports longest running, most successful and best supported teams.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure Sandhu did that.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 8:16 PM, Steve0 said:

Their closure was down to their “saviour” Avtar Sandhu - who turned out be a very unsavoury character in his antics with the stadium! 

I agree with Steve!! This never happens.

Sandhu shut Coventry down, whatever Matt did or didn't do, he didn't shut it down. He apparently tried to help to keep it open. Only people with other issues they have with Matt blame him for it.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I agree with Steve!! This never happens.

Sandhu shut Coventry down, whatever Matt did or didn't do, he didn't shut it down. He apparently tried to help to keep it open. Only people with other issues they have with Matt blame him for it.

And now Poole has shut down .What comes around .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Toto said:

And now Poole has shut down .What comes around .

Poole hasn't shut down!!

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole hasn't shut down!!

Well the last photos I saw showed that the weeds were coming along nicely:D 

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Well the last photos I saw showed that the weeds were coming along nicely:D 

That's because the stadium hasn't been used since the lock down, keep up :nono:

36 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

That's because the stadium hasn't been used since the lock down, keep up :nono:

Neglected, is how I would describe it. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Avtar Sandhu actually phoned me up at the time and threatened me with legal action. True Story!

Had you missed naming one of the streets on your map after him then? :P

• Haha 4