British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

On 12/4/2019 at 10:30 PM, Speedtiger said:

Both! Poole are now a 2nd rate team and a dump of a track. That’s why Matt can not sell the club and will be closed down next year.!

Oh dear, who let this one out! :blink: 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, Speedtiger said:

Me neither but that’s what’s going to happen I’m told coz Matt is stuck for cash to build his hotel in France! He says he can not finance both! 

You don't half talk a load of rubbish! 

Some people don't half talk some crap no matter what league Poole are in they will still be around in years to come

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 5:05 PM, Arthur54 said:

The only reason you have got him because Poole have dropped down, soon as we move back up, he will be back like a shot 

i won't hold my breath for when you move back up ? ? we will just get max back far better rider then kurtz anyway !!

50 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

i won't hold my breath for when you move back up ? ? we will just get max back far better rider then kurtz anyway !!

Who's to say max would want to come back, how many gp riders are there riding in the top league next season 

27 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Who's to say max would want to come back, how many gp riders are there riding in the top league next season 

its all hypothetical like you returning to prem league until that happens i won't worry !! also what if kurtz is a GP rider when you say you return to prem league ? guess he wouldn't ride for you its the same senario didn't think that one out very well did you :rofl:

13 hours ago, geoff58 said:

its all hypothetical like you returning to prem league until that happens i won't worry !! also what if kurtz is a GP rider when you say you return to prem league ? guess he wouldn't ride for you its the same senario didn't think that one out very well did you :rofl:

Take a big improvement for Kurtz to be a gp rider. I don't think you thought that one through!! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Take a big improvement for Kurtz to be a gp rider. I don't think you thought that one through!! 

Do you mean Todd Kurtz? :P 

If you are talking about the Ginja Ninja I’m sure that in 2012, whilst Jason Doyle was winning the league title at the Four Point Arena, he was riding for Swindon as a second string. 5 years later he was World Champion. 

PUK was an average Premiership rider until 2013 before he got a permanent WC, aged 31.

There may be others but those two examples readily come to mind. Kurtz, isn’t my favourite rider, but there is still time to make that step up. 

A year away from Pothole Park will build his confidence, like it did with Doyle, and may see him kick on and reach the Promised Land. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theblueboy said:

If you are talking about the Ginja Ninja I’m sure that in 2012, whilst Jason Doyle was winning the league title at the Four Point Arena, he was riding for Swindon as a second string. 5 years later he was World Champion. 

PUK was an average Premiership rider until 2013 before he got a permanent WC, aged 31.

There may be others but those two examples readily come to mind. Kurtz, isn’t my favourite rider, but there is still time to make that step up. 

A year away from Pothole Park will build his confidence, like it did with Doyle, and may see him kick on and reach the Promised Land. 

Pothole Park!!! Classic

• Like 4

3 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Can’t see him doing it personally he isn't a bad rider but Doyley he isn't and never will be in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see him doing it personally he isn't a bad rider but Doyley he isn't and never will be in my opinion. 

It’s weird, isn’t it, Brady Kurtz has always looked like a smooth Leigh Adams type rider, like Dan Bewley too, and yet Doyle came from the reckless type, like Kildemand, Ben Barker and Josh Bates.

• Like 1

Brady needs to improve by some way to even get close to being in the GP.

To inconsistent and cant seem to handle pressure very well

That said a move from Poole will do him the power of good

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Brady needs to improve by some way to even get close to being in the GP.

To inconsistent and cant seem to handle pressure very well

That said a move from Poole will do him the power of good

Don't see why a move from Poole will do him good apart from its normal for you to have a dig at Poole any chance you get.  He had to move away from Poole, he didn't choose to. 

Edited by foreverblue

48 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't see why a move from Poole will do him good apart from its normal for you to have a dig at Poole any chance you get.  He had to move away from Poole, he didn't choose to. 

Exactly. I think I will wait til the season starts and see. If he does better for BV than fair play to the guy, it will be down to him not BV. The track isn't the problem, it's the mental side of speedway, esp lining up for H13.