Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

So Adam Ellis (two times league winner) and Jason Doyle, World Champion, did not improve for leaving Poole? You sure you want to go with that statement fb?

You could also add Peter Kildemand. He definitely improved after being signed by you boys. :P

I didn't say that, i said not because they left Poole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Jason Doyle :rolleyes:

Adam Ellis :rolleyes: 

Leigh Adams :rolleyes:

They would have all improved whether they stayed at Poole or not, as all pretty young when they left. Any proper examples? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

So as I said - all 3 improved when they left Poole!!  Which is what was being asked!!

Would have improved if they stayed anyway, so doesn't count. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Steve0 has mentioned at least 3. 

Can always add, unless you can't think of any?? Which is surprising given your statement! If you can't back it up maybe you shouldn't say it?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Lindback went from Poole to Belle Vue.......How did that work out??

(Clue....7+  average to 4 point average....) 

Vaclav Milik to Kings Lynn.......oops!!
 

Yep....ALL riders improve beyond recognition when they leave Poole!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Milik is s great example, he only rode a few meetings for Lynn and was carrying an injury in most of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure Milik is s great example, he only rode a few meetings for Lynn and was carrying an injury in most of them. 

The same could be said of Doyle, he was injured most of the time at Poole. Riders move clubs for all sorts of reasons, some improve, some don't but its hardly ever because they moved. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They would have all improved whether they stayed at Poole or not, as all pretty young when they left. Any proper examples? 

You asked for examples, I gave you 3 and then you move the goalposts.  :rolleyes: 
 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Would have improved if they stayed anyway, so doesn't count. 

Well they do count because all 3 are examples of riders who improved after leaving Poole - which is what was asked for! :rolleyes:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Can always add, unless you can't think of any?? Which is surprising given your statement! If you can't back it up maybe you shouldn't say it?? 

I backed it up - and because you didn’t like the answer, you say they don’t count.  Well they absolutely do - asked and answered QED :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Typical Gavan response trying to gloss over the dig at Poole.

Stop being a tad pathetic

Klindts career has soared since he joined Poole..its what happens sometimes

I think Kurtz will benefit from a move away from Poole

Some riders will benefit from a move to Poole

Hope that helps jesus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Stop being a tad pathetic

Klindts career has soared since he joined Poole..its what happens sometimes

I think Kurtz will benefit from a move away from Poole

Some riders will benefit from a move to Poole

Hope that helps jesus

It could help Brady, hope so because he got a lot of flack from you and me last season as he was pretty awful, a little surprised Swindon didn't want him as he is pretty good at Blunsdon usually and as we know riders improve massively at Swindon! Blasphemy on a Sunday wow! 

Edited by foreverblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can remember a certain Tony Rickardsson and Mark Loram having some of there best times while in Poole colours, and going further back Malcolm Simmons had his best days as a pirate 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

I can remember a certain Tony Rickardsson and Mark Loram having some of there best times while in Poole colours, and going further back Malcolm Simmons had his best days as a pirate 

Don't remember Simmons myself not because i didn't go to speedway then, always loved Loram and Ricko, amazing riders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I backed it up - and because you didn’t like the answer, you say they don’t count.  Well they absolutely do - asked and answered QED :rolleyes:

I was actually talking to the other Steve as he was the one who made the original statement. Quite funny, he says it but can't think of any examples! Young riders improve wherever they are. If you can think of any mid-career ones, that would help. For example, Chris Holder could have been one as he was getting some form before all the Buster drama. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy