British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

22 hours ago, DC2 said:

Think we can settle this once and for all.

Karol Baran.

:)

That list is about the same in length as Stevebrums!! :rofl:

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

About three inches?     :)

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nah, I don't need to do much of a response when your statement has been proved incorrect. :party: :t:

You dismissed the examples you were given so you were already proven incorrect. As per usual. Glad we’ve cleared that up. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

More and more names being added but still in denial. Blue tint as per. :rofl:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You dismissed the examples you were given so you were already proven incorrect. As per usual. Glad we’ve cleared that up. 

More and more names being added but still in denial. Blue tint as per. :rofl:

So we on 8 now? Still no where near 'most' riders who have left Poole. Better get your thinking cap on hey Steve!! :D

Plus I'll expect the poor examples seeing as you are struggling to think of anyone. I'm nice like that! B)

Edited by lisa-colette

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So we on 8 now? Still no where near 'most' riders who have left Poole. Better get your thinking cap on hey Steve!! :D

Plus I'll expect the poor examples seeing as you are struggling to think of anyone. I'm nice like that! B)

FFS enough already.  You just can’t accept that the original question was answered - several times!  You are making yourself look silly now so the smart thing to do is to stop - and give us all a break! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

FFS enough already.  You just can’t accept that the original question was answered - several times!  You are making yourself look silly now so the smart thing to do is to stop - and give us all a break! :rolleyes:

it's actually making me cringe now. 

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes you are STILL on about despite being proven wrong from the off. Some people really can’t let being wrong go. If you need any further proof how embarrassing it’s becoming just read the 2 quoted posts below. 

19 hours ago, Steve0 said:

16 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

it's actually making me cringe now. 

See Skidder's spreading the Poole poison to the CL thread. Hopefully it'll only be one season at that level and they'll return here without causing too much damage this time, bearing in mind they were the club that destroyed the 1970/80s National League with a disastrous merger under the "Stewkesbury Plan". Shame to see them polluting the atmosphere of a competitive but ultimately friendly league.

4 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

See Skidder's spreading the Poole poison to the CL thread. Hopefully it'll only be one season at that level and they'll return here without causing too much damage this time, bearing in mind they were the club that destroyed the 1970/80s National League with a disastrous merger under the "Stewkesbury Plan". Shame to see them polluting the atmosphere of a competitive but ultimately friendly league.

One hell of a chip you are carrying to bring up the 70s !!!! How many times have you given up on this place ? More comebacks than SinatraB)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Get your facts right. Mervyn and Pete Ansell didn't take over Poole til the mid 80's when they moved from Weymouth.

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

The ‘Stewkesbury’ plan was 1991:t:

8 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

The ‘Stewkesbury’ plan was 1991:t:

Yes it was, just after the 1980s finished. It ended the National League and saw the recreation of British League Division 1 & 2. Mysteriously Poole found themselves moving from the old NL to Division 1. Many subsequently wished the Pirates had just moved up to the BL and left the rest of us as we were.Mind you it was nothing compared to what came later and the developing egomania of their supporters....and sponsors.

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Get your facts right. Mervyn and Pete Ansell didn't take over Poole til the mid 80's when they moved from Weymouth.

What the hell are you on? I didn't state for one second that they had any connections with Poole before moving Weymouth Wildcats in in 1985.

I stated that the Stewkesbury Plan destroyed the NL that had existed during the 70s and 80s. Of course it came after then. Where the hell do I state that Stewkesbury ran Poole pre 1985? Do try to keep up. You're too busy trying to cause trouble to even think, that's clear!

I was the Poole correspondent for Speedway Mail at the time! 

Perhaps instead of accusing me of not knowing the facts you might learn to read?

42 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

What the hell are you on? I didn't state for one second that they had any connections with Poole before moving Weymouth Wildcats in in 1985.

I stated that the Stewkesbury Plan destroyed the NL that had existed during the 70s and 80s. Of course it came after then. Where the hell do I state that Stewkesbury ran Poole pre 1985? Do try to keep up. You're too busy trying to cause trouble to even think, that's clear!

I was the Poole correspondent for Speedway Mail at the time! 

Perhaps instead of accusing me of not knowing the facts you might learn to read?

Strange. I can only remember Cyril Hart being the Poole correspondent for Speedway Mail. Whilst Gordon Elsworth for Speedway Star and Colin Smith for the local Echo.

Incidentally you did say Poole were the club that destroyed the 1970s/80's NL with the 'Stewkesbury plan'!! How could they have destroyed the NL in the 70s when Mervyn and Pete didn't take over til 1985.

Perhaps instead of accusing me of not learning to read you might express yourself more clearly and accurately

Edited by Skidder1