Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I know a lot of people are exited and looking forward to it

I think that's what's called a Freudian slip given the prediction of lower crowds now Poole are in the Championship. :unsure:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Good that you are giving it a chance. On a positive note consider that last season attendances at Leicester we’re notably higher than previous year despite dropping down to the championship. 
generally these days the top two flights of speedway appear to have crowd levels more influenced by entertainment value than which league the teams are racing in and frankly on that matter it is debatable that the top flight does indeed provide better entertainment. 
Hope you get to enjoy 2020. 
 

Being bottom of the PL for a couple of seasons and then winning the CL would be the key to crowd levels there, nothing to do with entertainment at all, the fickle love a winner.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I think that's what's called a Freudian slip given the prediction of lower crowds now Poole are in the Championship. :unsure:

I don't think the crowds will be affected too much, we have a decent team that is successful then it may be a little down but not much. I have been to tracks in the lower leagues before and crowd levels seem good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think the crowds will be affected too much, we have a decent team that is successful then it may be a little down but not much. I have been to tracks in the lower leagues before and crowd levels seem good.

Especially as it will be slightly cheaper to attend too!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Being bottom of the PL for a couple of seasons and then winning the CL would be the key to crowd levels there, nothing to do with entertainment at all, the fickle love a winner.

Winning was indeed entertaining although any neutral comparing the two play off finals from last season would say the CL version provided far more drama & entertaining racing than the PL version shown on BT which on the whole typified the difference between what the two leagues served up last season no doubt helped by having more teams visiting and thus providing a greater degree of variance of what was seen on track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 2:46 AM, The Doctor... said:

Christ almighty - i get that maybe Stevebrum or the other Steve said things and gave answers you weren't happy with, but seriously, are things really that bad this close to Christmas to be prattling on about this shiite to this level.

 

 

 

I have laughed through the whole thing, only other people getting stressed about it. If he backed up his answer and gave a list of 'most' riders then I would have shut up a long time ago. 

If he can only provide a few examples, then it is clear as day that only a few have improved. Which is my whole point. Steve knows he is wrong but can't admit it, prob cos it's me! But I am right very occasionally lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Supersub said:

I agree 1 valve. Steve is a pessimist. IMO better & more varied racing !& better crowds than 2019

Prob hoping for lower crowds if it means Poole go back up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sugarray said:

I know a lot of people are exited and looking forward to it

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

I think that's what's called a Freudian slip given the prediction of lower crowds now Poole are in the Championship. :unsure:

That was obviously a failed attempt at humour, on my part, based on a misspelled word :oops: 

29 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Winning was indeed entertaining although any neutral comparing the two play off finals from last season would say the CL version provided far more drama & entertaining racing than the PL version shown on BT which on the whole typified the difference between what the two leagues served up last season no doubt helped by having more teams visiting and thus providing a greater degree of variance of what was seen on track. 

Seriously....

I'll say this to my Poole friends.

My history (continuously since 1970) is with the Bees. We were, for many years, the one team that all the top riders wanted to be with. And we had our share of success (even over Poole!). I am, of course, heart broken that the Bees are not (currently) racing and their beloved home lies empty and rusting.

But there is always a way. For a real fanatic there are still clubs out there racing. For me it meant putting aside my feelings for the auld enemy and supporting Leicester. Not only that, I had to accept racing in the second tier. For sure there was some justification (excuses) in that Leicester had borrowed a few of our own. But the reality is that I quickly formed allegiances with individual riders (not just the former Bees) and I looked forward to my weekly fix with enthusiasm. Moreover, I became an enthusiastic supporter of racing at the third tier. Oh, I know what you're thinking. It's easy to support two (new) teams when they winning everything. And yes, that was a factor. But despite my pride in the Bees, during the past 50 years there have been some dark times when we couldn't win a fight. I can tell you, for a fan with a long history of following and watching racing at the highest level, racing in the Championship is a joy. The commitment of the riders and their management is no less and the spirit is good. So I'm now a genuine Leicester supporter with some real loyalty for the club(s).......

until the Bees come back

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, False dawn said:

I think that's what's called a Freudian slip given the prediction of lower crowds now Poole are in the Championship. :unsure:

Teach me to type something as we were walking out the door and not checking on what spell check has done.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good  !!now that you have all accepted championship racing please move to championship thread :party:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

good  !!now that you have all accepted championship racing please move to championship thread :party:

I've no axe to grind but Poole are in the Premiership in 2019 and it is still 2019. :blink:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I've no axe to grind but Poole are in the Premiership in 2019 and it is still 2019. :blink:

if you hadn't noticed 2019 season finished !! trophies handed out to all the winners !! :party:

Edited by geoff58
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

if you hadn't noticed 2109 season finished !! trophies handed out to all the winners !! :party:

Time travel? ;)

At least we know now that speedway will still be going in 90yrs time :drink:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

if you hadn't noticed 2019 season finished !! trophies handed out to all the winners !! :party:

 

Yeah, but we’re all still grieving ......... no more

Matt Ford

Matt Ford Fan

Skidder1

Lisa-Colette

Shovlar or

the slim shady lady Shaman, Starman

 

 

How will we manage?   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

Yeah, but we’re all still grieving ......... no more

Matt Ford

Matt Ford Fan

Skidder1

Lisa-Colette

Shovlar or

the slim shady lady Shaman, Starman

 

 

How will we manage?   :)

indeed i'm worried my season will be dull as dishwater :rofl: next year :rofl: how will we cope ??? :t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy