British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

6 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Doesn’t Josh Grajczonek also live in Manchester??

Oviously Josh don't mind 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Oviously Josh don't mind 

Aussie's are used to travelling! Think of all the travelling they do to all the rounds in the Aussie Champs :D

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Aussie's are used to travelling! Think of all the travelling they do to all the rounds in the Aussie Champs :D

Not every week though!

On 10/7/2019 at 5:17 PM, Arthur54 said:

Has already said geography, to much travelling 

If the money was right he'd be here every week.

Edited by sugarray
Mispelling
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, LesR said:

One league next year if Poole drop down? 

Wouldn't think TV would be too interested in a deal without the most successful modern day club..

Or maybe a top league of around 10, but heavily watered down to Championship level (at best), which maintains 'big hitters' like Poole?

With a second tier of slightly higher than current NL level..?

Good to see them seeking fans' feedback..

Be interesting to see the questions and the results...

Surely Ford has made good money over the previous 10 years or so ?  We have had certain fans on here telling us about the bumper gates the club has enjoyed.  So one bad year in X number of good ones shouldn’t hurt that much. 

If not it begs the question where has the money gone.  I always thought Poole was the blueprint of how to run a modern day Speedway promotion.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Surely the best way Forward is to get the oracle that is Steve Shovlar to step up the mark and invest in the project and bring his many ideas to the fore.  No one knows more about Poole and Speedway in general than him.

Knight in shining armour time Steveo

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, semion said:

Surely the best way Forward is to get the oracle that is Steve Shovlar to step up the mark and invest in the project and bring his many ideas to the fore.  No one knows more about Poole and Speedway in general than him.

Knight in shining armour time Steveo

I am a far too busy to waste time and effort in a sport. No proper money in it. Why waste time and effort in a sport where what you do is scrutinised by idiotic people who would never dream of putting their hands in their own pockets. 

Matt runs his business to be self sufficient. Cloth is cut accordingly. Possibly the worse thing to happen to the sport is Sky TV. The money allowed for the best riders but as soon as Sky left the crowds vacated as team strengths plummeted.  In the long term it did the sport no favours at all. BT costs clubs big time as they pay nothing and empty the terraces when in town.  

Best bet is streaming where the clubs benefit directly. Tenner a meeting, geo blocking local areas. Money there to be made.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man, I can't go and I really wanna know what the options are on the questionnaire! 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am a far too busy to waste time and effort in a sport. No proper money in it. Why waste time and effort in a sport where what you do is scrutinised by idiotic people who would never dream of putting their hands in their own pockets. 

Oh....the irony! Chapeau, Sir. :rofl:

• Haha 1

Seems like in the pursuit of glory Matt Ford has run Poole into the ground.

Seeking success and paying wages and demands of the top riders has left Poole in a financial mess

Reminds me of Peter Ridsdale the Leeds football chairman, who literally destroyed the club trying to win trophies

Poole speedway get the biggest crowds so we are told.................so what has Ford done with all the money?

Not how a club should be run

Glad you all enjoyed the trophy winning years.......but at what price

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Seems like in the pursuit of glory Matt Ford has run Poole into the ground.

Seeking success and paying wages and demands of the top riders has left Poole in a financial mess

Absolute B.S. except for the 'seeking success' comment.

This year, in addition to the end of the previous main team sponsor's 2-year deal, the club also lost a further 2 of its long-standing 'senior' sponsors due to important changes to their own business development and priorities and nothing to do directly with speedway in general or Poole in particular - the club is hopeful that at some future point they may return.

As today's article explains, this year's replacement Main Sponsor's business has gone bust - in simple terms - and has not 100% fullfilled its promised financial commitment to the club.   I'm not sure any promoter least of all Matt Ford would not be financially affected in such circumstances.

It'll be very interesting to see what options the club is asking for fan feedback on this evening as well as any further info from the press conference after the meeting featuring all seven Pirates and the Management!!??

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

As far as I am aware Matt Ford has had good sponsors which has allowed him to ensure quality riders enabling him to have much success.

No problem with that from me.

Until Speedway as a whole is prepared to budget within their means I fear for the future of theSport

Can only be 2 options surely?

Premier or Championship?

Cant see Poole in NDL or dropping out.

Ford would build powerful CL team using assets.

BSPA don't want a big league that's as clear as it can be.

If Poole were to drop out and 6 Clubs in PL then obvious move would be to try to get Sheffield up and one other (Kent being widely suggested).

Poole would be big boost to Championship and if regardless if Plymouth were accepted (doubtful with their past record) or not; would balance the CL more equally North and South.