DC2

Poole 2020

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thank god for that :P

as for Kings Lynn moving down? Thats another matter....:rofl:

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, Skidder1 said:

as for Kings Lynn moving down? Thats another matter....:rofl:

Been there, done that, got the treble twice .....

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Trees said:

Been there, done that, got the treble twice .....

Looks like you are going to have to come back down to win another title then! :D

• Like 1

I think you'll find that Poole will be in the top tier of British Speedway next season if what I hear is true, however as with anyone at the BSPA there is always 25% or more of promotors digging their heels in

8 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I think you'll find that Poole will be in the top tier of British Speedway next season if what I hear is true, however as with anyone at the BSPA there is always 25% or more of promotors digging their heels in

When you say top, do you mean most teams being in the same league? Also does that mean riders who have a Polish contract can't ride in the UK?

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

When you say top, do you mean most teams being in the same league? Also does that mean riders who have a Polish contract can't ride in the UK?

i'm hearing there are a few promotors who are trying to pull teams into the Premier League under this seasons regulations but with two rising stars at reserve

but I'm hearing in the other ear that none of the Championship clubs apart from one are interested in moving up, they are keen to bring the 6 prem teams down into a "new top division" obviously paying Championship money or finding "value" between Prem/Champ pay again with two rising stars at 6 & 7  with a few clubs looking to move down into a "new national league" 

I guess if it happens the losers will be the riders who can score well in both current Divisions, as they earn to cover costs, maybe some riders not doubling up/down who perhaps don't score big across two divisions will have less maintenance costs throughout the season.

It will be interesting how it develops, I have no clue on the financials of most sides but hope each club does what is best financially viable, perhaps clubs like Birmingham, Newcastle, Eastbourne would financially survive at NL level but then that leaves 9 remaining championship clubs and 6 prem clubs, I think realistically you can only get 10 sides into any new top division

Oxford seem like they are coming back racing on Friday nights, would they step into NL first and run with Mildenhall, Eastbourne, Brum, Newcastle, plus another 5 from the current prem/championship that way you get 2 leagues of 10 sides, but who would drop down to the NL unless they are financially struggling 

Glasgow won't drop down so you would expect Edinburgh wouldn't want to lose out on the derby matches, I believe it is only Kent or Plymouth interested in moving into the prem

It is a mind field to sort out, seems some egos dont want to see themselves run in the NL

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Talk of a club definitely coming back up next year.

Coming back sounds like it is someone who have been there before? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

i'm hearing there are a few promotors who are trying to pull teams into the Premier League under this seasons regulations but with two rising stars at reserve

but I'm hearing in the other ear that none of the Championship clubs apart from one are interested in moving up, they are keen to bring the 6 prem teams down into a "new top division" obviously paying Championship money or finding "value" between Prem/Champ pay again with two rising stars at 6 & 7  with a few clubs looking to move down into a "new national league" 

I guess if it happens the losers will be the riders who can score well in both current Divisions, as they earn to cover costs, maybe some riders not doubling up/down who perhaps don't score big across two divisions will have less maintenance costs throughout the season.

It will be interesting how it develops, I have no clue on the financials of most sides but hope each club does what is best financially viable, perhaps clubs like Birmingham, Newcastle, Eastbourne would financially survive at NL level but then that leaves 9 remaining championship clubs and 6 prem clubs, I think realistically you can only get 10 sides into any new top division

Oxford seem like they are coming back racing on Friday nights, would they step into NL first and run with Mildenhall, Eastbourne, Brum, Newcastle, plus another 5 from the current prem/championship that way you get 2 leagues of 10 sides, but who would drop down to the NL unless they are financially struggling 

Glasgow won't drop down so you would expect Edinburgh wouldn't want to lose out on the derby matches, I believe it is only Kent or Plymouth interested in moving into the prem

It is a mind field to sort out, seems some egos dont want to see themselves run in the NL

Depends a lot on whether the 'top' league retain fixed race nights of Mondays and Thursdays?  That would probably rule out a number of clubs moving up or returning to the 'Prem'!!

The '2 Rising Stars at reserve' is something proposed at last seasons  BSPL AGM for both leagues, so assuming they stick with it shouldn't be a surprise for any club?!  That would effectively mean teams of 5 'senior' riders!

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends a lot on whether the 'top' league retain fixed race nights of Mondays and Thursdays?  That would probably rule out a number of clubs moving up or returning to the 'Prem'!!

The '2 Rising Stars at reserve' is something proposed at last seasons  BSPL AGM for both leagues, so assuming they stick with it shouldn't be a surprise for any club?!  That would effectively mean teams of 5 'senior' riders!

I've not heard about fixed race nights but I would presume if teams are being pulled up to what is now the prem then it will be fixed nights and only one side wants to do it which is rumoured to be Plymouth or Kent! I think Plymouth average 700-1000 not sure what Kent get

If clubs are pulled down I presume that they will want control over which race night they prefer 

Sweden is primarily Tuesday with Denmark Wednesday, do any current Championship clubs run on these days with any Danes or Swedes?

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've not heard about fixed race nights but I would presume if teams are being pulled up to what is now the prem then it will be fixed nights and only one side wants to do it which is rumoured to be Plymouth or Kent! I think Plymouth average 700-1000 not sure what Kent get

If clubs are pulled down I presume that they will want control over which race night they prefer 

Sweden is primarily Tuesday with Denmark Wednesday, do any current Championship clubs run on these days with any Danes or Swedes?

Kent have all sorts of Council restrictions imposed on their stadium use eg curfew - insisting on 1830 hours start time; allowed race days; plus I cannot see Len Silver opting for top-tier racing at considerable extra cost. 

As for foreign leagues they don't seem too bothered about sticking to their allocated race days - Poland run whenever they want; Sweden run Tuesdays AND Thursdays etc

Also there may be some stipulation from Eurosport as to what days are preferred for their live sport schedules.