Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

5 hours ago, HGould said:

BSPA don't want a big league that's as clear as it can be.

I hope that’s true, would be the final nail in being a credible force in Europe and around the world.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

We have been told time and time again that Poole speedway has been the best business model in the sport.

Poole had the best sponsors and the biggest crowds and raking the money in..

Questions need to be asked what Ford has done with it all................

Avarice is a word that springs to mind........

I used to think Ford was good for Poole but bad for the sport...............seems he has not exactly been good for Poole either.

Gav FFS man calm down. Poole got done over by their main sponsors this year. If any club suddenly lost the income from a major sponsor then they would struggle. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

He did not because he could not find anybody to pay up what he wanted or the stupid figures, stated by some on here, being the value of Poole Speedway.

It's not worth anything sell it for a pound!

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Gav FFS man calm down. Poole got done over by their main sponsors this year. If any club suddenly lost the income from a major sponsor then they would struggle. 

Yes i get that

But year after year Poole raked in the money with big crowds, great sponsorship and tv money , and lets face it because of their success Poole were on tv more than most.

So surely now times are hard they more than any other club should have some financial money in the coffers to use in times like this.

Or simply at the end of each season did Pooles balance sheet show a zero.....i.e whatever money they bought in went straight back out again. 

If a club as big as Poole are struggling losing a main sponsor then imagine what would happen at a smaller club.

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes i get that

But year after year Poole raked in the money with big crowds, great sponsorship and tv money , and lets face it because of their success Poole were on tv more than most.

So surely now times are hard they more than any other club should have some financial money in the coffers to use in times like this.

Or simply at the end of each season did Pooles balance sheet show a zero.....i.e whatever money they bought in went straight back out again. 

If a club as big as Poole are struggling losing a main sponsor then imagine what would happen at a smaller club.

Like Ipswich 

9 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Like Ipswich 

Yes our business model hasnt worked at all

At least if you want to reply to my post come back with a decent response

We should be fine , we have some play off final gate money and 2 tv meetings to come this season.

But if we are a small club always nice to knock the big clubs out ..............all about the attitude of the riders i guess

Just think if Poole go Premier League Shovvy gets a new audience for his B/S. And we don’t have be bored s:;!less reading it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, semion said:

Just think if Poole go Premier League Shovvy gets a new audience for his B/S. And we don’t have be bored s:;!less reading it. 

Poole have been 'Premier League' ie the top league, for years. Since the early Nineties in fact.

28 minutes ago, semion said:

I won’t be going if Poole go PL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Why not as most riders do both leagues except a few?

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

We have been told time and time again that Poole speedway has been the best business model in the sport.

Poole had the best sponsors and the biggest crowds and raking the money in..

Questions need to be asked what Ford has done with it all................

Avarice is a word that springs to mind........

I used to think Ford was good for Poole but bad for the sport...............seems he has not exactly been good for Poole either.

The Sky money was used primarily to bring in the top riders from Europe because thats what Sky wanted - and Poole weren't the sole club to do that!!  Bearing in mind Poole's only income is from sponsors, advertising/programmes and admissions and their costs are likely amongst the highest in the top league, then their business model has worked well for them in past years.  As I've already explained, losing 3 hefty sponsors before 2019 would hit most clubs aside from this season's sponsorship debacle.

Gavan, as a matter of interest what do Ipswich pay to rent their stadium for speedway? and what other income do they get from speedway? Food beverage etc? I'd be interested to know how much sponsorship plays a part in Ippo's balance sheet?

Edited by Skidder1

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ditto quite a few top level fans, worst news possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

Just think thats what you call a true supporter :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Just think thats what you call a true supporter :rolleyes:

Wouldn't a true supporter support in any league?   True supporter my backside.   Glory Hunter

• Haha 2