British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

27 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The Premiership would be a hell of alot poorer without  Poole in the league but hazarding a guess i recon 99.9 per cent of  Poole fans on the forum would still go and support there club whatever level they ride at.My take on it is speedway is speedway a night out hopefully be entertained by some good racing and go home happy 

One league, but geographical, might be the boost the sport needs?

Similar to American Football, you ride against those within your own conference twice home and away and once against teams from the other...

Probably will need six or even five man teams and be ran at 'Championship Lite' level with maybe some form of rider control to ensure an even spread of the better riders, but could be worth it..

Eg

1. Prem HL

2. Champ HL/Prem 2nd String

3. Champ 2nd String/Prem Reserve

4. Champ Reserve/NL Heat Leader

5. NL Second String

6. NL Reserve

Maybe grade these riders but have an overall mean team average to prevent teams getting the best rider in each grade through paying more?

As said before, BV visiting Redcar, Berwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sheffield, Scunthorpe and Newcastle can only be good for those clubs, and BV would also I am sure reap the benefits (even if just the once for novelty value) of a fair few away fans visiting the NSS..

Maybe Buxton and Stoke could pool resources and make a comeback at this level at Hi Edge given the local derbies? 

Poole would do the same as the Aces I am sure for the likes of for example, Plymouth, Somerset, Eastbourne and the IOW in the Southern part of the Country..

Play offs could then be ran within each conference before the winners of each go head to head in the Grand Final..

Market the sport as a fresh start, with a truly national competition, and see if more variety of clubs to visit/be visited by, would give it some positive fan growth momentum to be built on..

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Similar to American Football, you ride against those within your own conference twice home and away and once against teams from the other...

Probably will need six or even five man teams and be ran at 'Championship Lite' level with maybe some form of rider control to ensure an even spread of the better riders, but could be worth it..

Eg

1. Prem HL

5. NL Second String

6. NL Reserve

Maybe grade these riders but have an overall mean team average to prevent teams getting the best rider in each grade through paying more?

As said before, BV visiting Redcar, Berwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sheffield, Scunthorpe and Newcastle can only be good for those clubs, and BV would also I am sure reap the benefits (even if just the once for novelty value) of a fair few away fans visiting the NSS..

Maybe Buxton and Stoke could pool resources and make a comeback at this level at Hi Edge given the local derbies? 

Poole would do the same as the Aces I am sure for the likes of for example, Plymouth, Somerset, Eastbourne and the IOW in the Southern part of the Country..

Play offs could then be ran within each conference before the winners of each go head to head in the Grand Final..

Market the sport as a fresh start, with a truly national competition, and see if more variety of clubs to visit/be visited by, would give it some positive fan growth momentum to be built on..

great on paper.

in reality do I want to watch an NDL reserve or 2nd string racing v Jason Doyle and Nils Kristian Iversen

er Nope!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Stop being more of a pillock than you already are. Poole will not be in the CL.

By stating that you won't watch Poole if the drop down, you have shown what type of supporter your are, and will cop some flack whether they go down or not. If it was posted for a reaction, then it worked. If it was genuine then your not as Poole through and through as you like to make out. Either way people are going to react.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

By stating that you won't watch Poole if the drop down, you have shown what type of supporter your are, and will cop some flack whether they go down or not. If it was posted for a reaction, then it worked. If it was genuine then your not as Poole through and through as you like to make out. Either way people are going to react.

Why would anyone who goes home and away would walk away because they have dropped down a league 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Why would anyone who goes home and away would walk away because they have dropped down a league 

When they’re a Shoveller by name . . . .

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Eg

1. Prem HL

5. NL Second String

6. NL Reserve

I like this Mike it looks exciting ,   but you know how it is in speedway short term paper over the cracks measures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

great on paper.

in reality do I want to watch an NDL reserve or 2nd string racing v Jason Doyle and Nils Kristian Iversen

er Nope!

Would the reserves ride each other twice ??? and maybe in another race against a number two and four.?

Don't see how Poole could field a decent team in the CL. Apart from Grajczonek at No 1 and assuming Kurtz and Holder don't drop, the rest of the 2019 team already have CL team places and likely to commit to those for 2020 at the earliest.....

Edited by KrisB

Poole will be in the top league again in 2020. Their existing (and new?) sponsors and the probability of a new TV contract will certainly support this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Eg

1. Prem HL

5. NL Second String

6. NL Reserve

I like your posts Mike but I'm with Shovvy on this, I have missed 1 home match at Swindon in 10 seasons (and that includes NL matches/Ben Fund/Bob Kilby Memorials the works) but if this was the regular line up I'd seriously have to think about attending, with any sport most people pay to see the best, as a sports fan you can appreciate the effort put in by competitors at all levels whether it's watching your children play on a Saturday/Sunday morning in the U10s or it's the top echelons of the competition at a professional level but expecting people to part with their hard earned to watch what would be largely amateurs is a big ask, I'll support a NL match once or twice a season to see the development of potential future stars and to show support to the promotion at Swindon but I don't want a full season of it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole will be in the top league again in 2020. Their existing (and new?) sponsors and the probability of a new TV contract will certainly support this. 

And the reason I won’t watch Poole in the CL. I will be watching a top flight Poole team and hopefully a bigger league as well, if the tv money is as big as rumoured. It might entice a team or two into the league with the thought of a piece of the pie.

5 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

I like your posts Mike but I'm with Shovvy on this, I'll support a NL match once or twice a season to see the development of potential future stars and to show support to the promotion at Swindon but I don't want a full season of it.

Careful you will get the wrath of the forum descending on you for speaking as you see it. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And the reason I won’t watch Poole in the CL. I will be watching a top flight Poole team and hopefully a bigger league as well, if the tv money is as big as rumoured. It might entice a team or two into the league with the thought of a piece of the pie.

Were you a politician in a former life. Back tracking at it's worst there ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1