British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

He is better than Scott you're missing my point

Scott Nicholls isnt a 1 or a 5 in the top league but could maybe get away with being a number 3 at the right home track like Foxhall

Chris Holder is not a number 1 in my eyes...but could do a good job as a number 5................who could be number 1 i dont know.

I dont believe Chris Holder would average more than Kurtz

You wouldnt want Harris at Poole? Did you see the way he rode in the semi finals......

Trouble is Gavan he is incredibly inconsistent.

28 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Trouble is Gavan he is incredibly inconsistent.

Is he.,, I'm sure Ipswich fans know that. 

Hans’ average has been badly affected by numerous injuries and pile ups this year....yes he’s past his best but he will make a good second string for somebody on that figure, maybe even at reserve if their team was built correctly. He’s not the answer long term but next year he will be for somebody.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Hans’ average has been badly affected by numerous injuries and pile ups this year....yes he’s past his best but he will make a good second string for somebody on that figure, maybe even at reserve if their team was built correctly. He’s not the answer long term but next year he will be for somebody.

He does have a tendency to roll...based on what I saw at the AFA with my nose close to starting gate.

I think Poole needs to hunt down the following riders in 2020 ,keep the 3 ausies but add Allen,Douglas,Morris and Stewart,how could a team of ausies like that ever fail? If only the rules allow

• Haha 2

Poole fans starting to moan about their prospects for 2020 already, amazing what one unsuccessful season can do !

Supporters of every other Premiership club were Ipswich fans last Saturday, as we are all fed up with Poole's arrogant rule bending attitude !

33 minutes ago, RockingRobin said:

Poole fans starting to moan about their prospects for 2020 already, amazing what one unsuccessful season can do !

Supporters of every other Premiership club were Ipswich fans last Saturday, as we are all fed up with Poole's arrogant rule bending attitude !

I'm not sure I would go along with being unsuccessful. We finished top and considering Swindon's team that is some achievement. The Poole team was done on the cheap this year, so did alright all things considered. Unfortunately a few things unravelled near the end. Not meant to be this year. Good luck to all the other teams! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Spiderman1 said:

I think Poole needs to hunt down the following riders in 2020 ,keep the 3 ausies but add Allen,Douglas,Morris and Stewart,how could a team of ausies like that ever fail? If only the rules allow

Allen is very happy where he is, and is a must have. 

1 hour ago, RockingRobin said:

the team was based on finance this season did not do bad did we .not sure who is moaning it must be all in your mind  .actually I do hope Swindon win the league 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

the team was based on finance this season did not do bad did we .not sure who is moaning it must be all in your mind  .actually I do hope Swindon win the league 

A question and not meant to sow any mischief.

Do we know for certain if Poole will be running in 2020 ??. I ask because Matt Ford was at one stage prior to the start of this saying in the Echo that he could not guarantee the situation after this season if a buyer could not be found.

I would have thought that knowing how tight money was this year  - lowish crowds - I assume a lot of the carpet cleaners money was used to shore up the shortfalls - factor in the loss of at least 3/4000 paying customers for a final (certainly if it was Swindon), has probably punched a largish hole in the anticipated revenue for 2019.

I suppose where I am heading with this is will Poole definitely run in 2020 and will there be any money anyway to pay for a half decent team or will it be near enough all assets with the odd change.

I accept that perhaps only a decent money bearing Team Sponsor will dictate on who he can/cannot sign but signs not that great when in  reality he could not even afford to kit out the team in Kevlars for this season. I wonder if the Carpet Cleaners will go again after the challenges of this season as money in this sport is in short supply. Even then what they did put in was arguably eaten up with gate losses ??

Maybe those closer to the Club and more in the know may have some insight into the future ??

16 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Will Chris Holder have a work permit by then? 

I would certainly have Bomber! 

More importantly, will Chris Holder have a work ethic by then???

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

The two young Aussies should be given their P45’s and not allowed back until their attitude changes. The attitude change (certainly towards Poole) will not happen because they are totally focussed on the Polish Zloty and, only use the UK as a method to gain European visas. Right pair of visa tarts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aviator said:

The two young Aussies should be given their P45’s and not allowed back until their attitude changes. The attitude change (certainly towards Poole) will not happen because they are totally focussed on the Polish Zloty and, only use the UK as a method to gain European visas. Right pair of visa tarts.

Unfortunately its the attitude of a lot of young riders who simply believe they are better than they are and simply have no idea how to adapt to track conditions

They couldnt handle it at Poole early on and they certainly couldnt adapt to Foxhall and Holders actions were disgraceful...................still im suprised the amazing old man Muddlo couldnt motivate them

They both seem to believe thay are the next Chris Holder or Darcy Ward.......at the moment they arent even the next Troy Batchelor................and Max Fricke has left them miles behind

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Unfortunately its the attitude of a lot of young riders who simply believe they are better than they are and simply have no idea how to adapt to track conditions

They couldnt handle it at Poole early on and they certainly couldnt adapt to Foxhall and Holders actions were disgraceful...................still im suprised the amazing old man Muddlo couldnt motivate them

They both seem to believe thay are the next Chris Holder or Darcy Ward.......at the moment they arent even the next Troy Batchelor................and Max Fricke has left them miles behind

bit insulting to batch I reckon he is riding the best he ever been :t:

• Like 3