British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Could have delayed the announcement so I fail too see your point. You like I know that it's been all over the speedway websites when what should be talked about is a final. Plain & simple. 

I do wish Poole well for the future.

Think you are being a bit OTT, I did think this at first, but yesterday on here and across social media, it was pretty much equal with the attention given to both situations. If the final was in the balance then I would have sympathy with you but not much to say about it pre meeting was there? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think you are being a bit OTT, I did think this at first, but yesterday on here and across social media, it was pretty much equal with the attention given to both situations. If the final was in the balance then I would have sympathy with you but not much to say about it pre meeting was there? 

My point is it shouldn't be equal, it shouldn't have been mentioned at all. Anyway it's done now & like I said I wish you well for the future. Speedway moves on.

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

My point is it shouldn't be equal, it shouldn't have been mentioned at all. Anyway it's done now & like I said I wish you well for the future. Speedway moves on.

How could it not have been mentioned before when it has been the subject of much discussion amongst Poole's fans and sponsors for days if not weeks? It was timed to be announced after the final had taken place to co-incide with a BSPA meeting. As I said its not Poole's fault that the Final was delayed!

• Like 1

Maybe Swindon should email all clubs 'no talking about your club when we have a meeting on..' I mean it's not like there was much to say about the playoff final was there?...

'I think Swindon will win..'

' Oh really?....yeah I think Swindon will win too'

'No hang on a min, I think Swindon will win..'

:D

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

How could it not have been mentioned before when it has been the subject of much discussion amongst Poole's fans and sponsors for days if not weeks? It was timed to be announced after the final had taken place to co-incide with a BSPA meeting. As I said its not Poole's fault that the Final was delayed!

Convenient though......did it get a mention on BT last night? I haven''t watched the recording yet but an audience of 100-150k watching at home, rather than the 10-20k regular speedway fans that follow the sport closely and would have seen the news already on social media or other Internet outlets, if it did get a mention then I'm with Hyabb it achieved Ford's goal of getting poor old Poole's plight out to a wider number and took away the spotlight from the all conquering Robins. 

By the way you still laughing? back in June when I said we'd all be hailing King Rosco come the end of the season after the usual pessimists were bemoaning another away defeat, you put up a laughing emoji.....he who laughs last and all that :drink:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Convenient though......did it get a mention on BT last night? I haven''t watched the recording yet but an audience of 100-150k watching at home, rather than the 10-20k regular speedway fans that follow the sport closely and would have seen the news already on social media or other Internet outlets, if it did get a mention then I'm with Hyabb it achieved Ford's goal of getting poor old Poole's plight out to a wider number and took away the spotlight from the all conquering Robins. 

By the way you still laughing? back in June when I said we'd all be hailing King Rosco come the end of the season after the usual pessimists were bemoaning another away defeat, you put up a laughing emoji.....he who laughs last and all that :drink:

Laughing? No, but smiling definitely yes as Rosco and Doyley as well as CFS are mates of mine!!

• Like 1

Josh G

Castagna

Newman

Busk Jacobsen

Wells

Tom Woolley

Nathan Stoneman

Pretty good Championship team for Poole?

Hang on, Josh G would be 11.66 on a 1.6 conversion, so might have to replace him with Richie Worrall?

Does that team fit 38 points?

Edited by DC2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Josh G

Castagna

Newman

Busk Jacobsen

Wells

Tom Woolley

Nathan Stoneman

Pretty good Championship team for Poole?

Hang on, Josh G would be 11.66 on a 1.6 conversion, so might have to replace him with Richie Worrall?

Does that team fit 38 points?

That’s an awful team and those reserves wouldn’t get you many points.

5 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

That’s an awful team and those reserves wouldn’t get you many points.

true but dc2 is not a poole supporter wooden spoon team from him

1 minute ago, ray c said:

OK, OK, how about:

R Worrall

Castagna

Newman

Busk Jacobsen

Wells

Stoneman

Hume

It’s just over 38 points but might fit with Brit reductions for the reserves?

Fact is, you don’t get much quality in the CL, especially with Josh G, Klindt, Kurtz and Holder not having current CL averages and consequently being subject to the ludicrous 1.6 conversion rate.

Happy Days!  :)

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

OK, OK, how about:

R Worrall

Castagna

Newman

Busk Jacobsen

Wells

Stoneman

Hume

Fact is, you don’t get much quality in the CL, especially with Josh G, Klindt, Kurtz and Holder not having current CL averages and consequently being subject to the ludicrous 1.6 conversion rate.

At least Shovlar will save £1 on his admission fee.  :)

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

I’m a Newcastle supporter so I don’t really know who dc2 is sorry.

Just now, bloom89 said:

I’m a Newcastle supporter so I don’t really know who dc2 is sorry.

Bloomin cheek!  Apparently I have an “Excellent” reputation on the forum.  :)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

OK, OK, how about:

R Worrall

Castagna

Newman

Busk Jacobsen

Wells

Stoneman

Hume

I think the limit will be higher in the championship next season. 

Don’t think Josh G can ride championship at all though because he rides on a polish license.

• Like 1