British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

56 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Maybe Poole speedway should invite non speedway goers to the speedway , and also undertake a questionnaire of the experience . 

Personally I think it's aimed at the same niche speedway supporters and struggles to generate any new fans . Which with the decline of the sport , is where the fan numbers are declining . 

Apart from a few boards around the town ...and a advert at Tesco - fleetsbridge . Does Poole speedway genuinely get out about in the community of Poole ?? 

Not very beneficial to attracting or encouraging sponsorshio opportunities 

There was a big group of scouts there during the holidays. See they are aiming for the next generation! ;)

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Not everyone can change work patterns just like that.

The change of race night was always likely to alienate some fans who can’t make that change.

Dont blame the fans who can’t attend tho.

I guess it depends on if people's work hours are fixed or are in shift patterns. They do need to think about doing 'child free with a paying adult' in the holidays though. They used to do that all the time in the early 2000 era. 

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I guess it depends on if people's work hours are fixed or are in shift patterns. They do need to think about doing 'child free with a paying adult' in the holidays though. They used to do that all the time in the early 2000 era. 

Poole are the most expensive, or at least in the top few for families with kids. I think Lynn and Ippo are free for unders 16's 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:05 PM, Skidder1 said:

Good. No issues from me - as long as there's no increase in price.

i am sure there will be a drop in admission prices . what was  the going rate for adults in 2019 @ poole `?

47 minutes ago, jenga said:

i am sure there will be a drop in admission prices . what was  the going rate for adults in 2019 @ poole `?

£1 more than most Championship clubs!!!!

Surprising to see so many Poole-haters so concerned about Poole's future?!

Edited by Skidder1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

£1 more than most Championship clubs!!!!

Surprising to see so many Poole-haters so concerned about Poole's future?!

is that about £20 then . 

BTW . i am not a poole hater for the record .  never followed them much at all . too busy killing the Glasgow cult tribe . LOL.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole are the most expensive, or at least in the top few for families with kids. I think Lynn and Ippo are free for unders 16's 

Yeah, it has always been an issue at Poole tbh! But going back to have a discount occasionally would help a bit.

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

is that about £20 then . 

BTW . i am not a poole hater for the record .  never followed them much at all . too busy killing the Glasgow cult tribe . LOL.

I think he is talking about the few Swindon fans like DC, who have shown more than a passing interest! ;)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think he is talking about the few Swindon fans like DC, who have shown more than a passing interest! ;)

Well we have to put up with Shovler on our threads, more so since Ipswich beat Poole :wink:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

You work late every Monday and Thursday and you couldn’t change that?

Yep, Can’t change it as there is no one else to change with.

17 hours ago, Grachan said:

Ok. I see the result now. 33% of those who voted will not support Poole in division 2. So a crowd that has dropped 40% will drop another 33%.

And this is being sold as Poole fans voting to join the Second Division.

Good luck to those who want this. I don't believe that many people who have supported Poole as the most succesful club in recent times truly want Championship level racing.

Who was Poole's most popular rider last year? Klindt, probably. And he has already ruled himself out.

I am sure that all speedway fans would want the world's top riders to ride in the UK but we can't afford them. In the same way, I doubt if there are many - if any - Poole supporters who would actually want Championship racing but its not just a matter of that, its also a question of finance.  Poole, apparently, simply can't make Premiership racing pay so they have no choice other than to drop a league. 

Even by the most optimistic of standards, this isn't Poole fans voting to go down. Its them saying they will accept Championship speedway rather than - at least potentially - nothing. 

It always surprises me how a change of race day can - on occasion, dramatically - affect attendances but experience suggests that in most cases it does.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

So have Lynn and Ippo reported huge (or any) increases in attendance for any normal league meetings then?  Just asking....

Edited by Skidder1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So have Lynn and Ippo reported huge (or any) increases in attendance for any normal league meetings then?  Just asking....

Yes IMO

Ipswich have seen an increase. My estimate would be up by around 250 on average to somewhere around 1500 for a normal meeting

The play off attendances were in the region of 3 and 4000

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yes IMO

Ipswich have seen an increase. My estimate would be up by around 250 on average to somewhere around 1500 for a normal meeting

The play off attendances were in the region of 3 and 4000

And then you woke up...

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And then you woke up...

Just because Poole don’t get those crowds doesn’t mean other clubs don’t 

• Like 4