British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I hope so 

Interesting you voted different to someone who you stand next to ;)

5 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

If you take the play offs away from the 18 mentioned that leaves 12 live meetings. Can someone confirm if that is either more or less than BT broadcast over the last season? Didn’t BT say how great it was to add speedway to their two wheeled offering? I guess it is a case of wait and see but hopefully they are able to match the live scheduling that BT and Sky gave to the sport as no one wants to see the last five or six heats of a live meeting because another sport has overrun. At least those with BT can cancel the subscription and watch the GPS on YouTube. 

I would say exactly the same 

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not sure Poole will drop down at all. I think it's a bluff to get something he wants. But we shall see.

Just cos you say it a hundred times doesn't make it true ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ray c said:

cant see where it says championship meetings as well though 

In summary:
• Eurosport UK secures exclusive live broadcast rights to British Speedway Premiership and Championship Leagues from 2020
• 18 live rounds per season plus post-race highlights on Quest and DMAX

• Like 1

This from the top of the press release:
Starting in 2020, Eurosport will broadcast live on-site coverage from 18 rounds across the domestic SGB Premiership League season.

This from the summary:
Eurosport UK secures exclusive live broadcast rights to British Speedway Premiership and Championship Leagues from 2020

• 18 live rounds per season 

So, who knows, the devils in the detail...not that detail is something the BSPA have a reputation for doing.

And what’s this “rounds” ?

Edited by woofers

23 minutes ago, woofers said:

This from the top of the press release:
Starting in 2020, Eurosport will broadcast live on-site coverage from 18 rounds across the domestic SGB Premiership League season.

This from the summary:
Eurosport UK secures exclusive live broadcast rights to British Speedway Premiership and Championship Leagues from 2020

• 18 live rounds per season 

So, who knows, the devils in the detail...not that detail is something the BSPA have a reputation for doing.

And what’s this “rounds” ?

Whilst they have ‘exclusive’ rights to both leagues that does not necessarily mean they will show matches from both leagues. Didn’t BT have exclusive rights to both? If not I wonder why some matches were not streamed by a third party. Anyway, as has been said the devil will be in the detail and probably it will all depend on the make up of the leagues etc. Is it only BSPA that tries to con you into thinking that it will reinvent the sport each year and everything in the garden is rosey only to regularly fail miserably and the shambles rolls on. I hope Eurosport have done their homework on the workings of the BSPA and U.K. speedway.

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not sure Poole will drop down at all. I think it's a bluff to get something he wants. But we shall see.

If only i could believe that i would be happy 

6 hours ago, Booey boy said:

I followed Cov for 50 odd years I haven't been to a meeting since just hoping I get to go back to Brandon before I pop my clogs

Im sure we all hope that would happen. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, Aces51 said:

Josh G would have a converted average of at least 10.93 and Klindt 11.14 in the CL , that shows you the difference in standard of the two leagues.

klindt has a championship averge , does that count ?

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

klindt has a championship averge , does that count ?

I believe it would of but unfortunately it's irrelevant as he doesn't want to ride in the 2nd tier. Big shame 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Just cos you say it a hundred times doesn't make it true ;)

About 4 :P As I have said. Will hold my hands up if i'm wrong.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If only i could believe that i would be happy 

You should know more than me.. Just my opinion at the mo.

If Ford has really asked to drop down, then let him.. Don't rally around to keep them up, or give him what he wants to stay up..

It's said that he runs it as a business for the last 15 years plus. Best sponsored, best crowds, dearest for families with kids. Made money. One season he hasn't the toys come out of the pram.

Put that against most of the other clubs that struggle, and run despite a loss, year after year, hoping it will pick up. People moan about Buster trying to keep speedway at the top level going with TV coverage, yet Ford wants out at the fist sign of a loss. Yet Poole fans think Ford is the ** ??

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ford is a businessman and a very good one at that - don’t most businessmen want to sell up or look for drastic alternatives to try making money again if their business is failing?

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You should know more than me.. Just my opinion at the mo.

If Ford has really asked to drop down, then let him.. Don't rally around to keep them up, or give him what he wants to stay up..

It's said that he runs it as a business for the last 15 years plus. Best sponsored, best crowds, dearest for families with kids. Made money. One season he hasn't the toys come out of the pram.

Put that against most of the other clubs that struggle, and run despite a loss, year after year, hoping it will pick up. People moan about Buster trying to keep speedway at the top level going with TV coverage, yet Ford wants out at the fist sign of a loss. Yet Poole fans think Ford is the ** ??

I don't and never have done...that's just the very few Poole eediots on here!

Whilst it will be a huge shame us dropping down, we need to continue to support the Pirates to ensure they're existence continues!

• Like 2