Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It only says about 18 meetings from the domestic Premiership league in the SGB website release I read. That's not to say it wont be different when it comes to it

The report states that they have the rights to Premier and Championship meetings, in the summary section near the end of the report

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.37642

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take the play offs away from the 18 mentioned that leaves 12 live meetings. Can someone confirm if that is either more or less than BT broadcast over the last season? Didn’t BT say how great it was to add speedway to their two wheeled offering? I guess it is a case of wait and see but hopefully they are able to match the live scheduling that BT and Sky gave to the sport as no one wants to see the last five or six heats of a live meeting because another sport has overrun. At least those with BT can cancel the subscription and watch the GPS on YouTube. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Doesn't the TV deal statement also include Championship meetings in their coverage?

cant see where it says championship meetings as well though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I hope so 

Interesting you voted different to someone who you stand next to ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

If you take the play offs away from the 18 mentioned that leaves 12 live meetings. Can someone confirm if that is either more or less than BT broadcast over the last season? Didn’t BT say how great it was to add speedway to their two wheeled offering? I guess it is a case of wait and see but hopefully they are able to match the live scheduling that BT and Sky gave to the sport as no one wants to see the last five or six heats of a live meeting because another sport has overrun. At least those with BT can cancel the subscription and watch the GPS on YouTube. 

I would say exactly the same 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not sure Poole will drop down at all. I think it's a bluff to get something he wants. But we shall see.

Just cos you say it a hundred times doesn't make it true ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ray c said:

cant see where it says championship meetings as well though 

In summary:
• Eurosport UK secures exclusive live broadcast rights to British Speedway Premiership and Championship Leagues from 2020
• 18 live rounds per season plus post-race highlights on Quest and DMAX

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This from the top of the press release:
Starting in 2020, Eurosport will broadcast live on-site coverage from 18 rounds across the domestic SGB Premiership League season.

This from the summary:
Eurosport UK secures exclusive live broadcast rights to British Speedway Premiership and Championship Leagues from 2020

• 18 live rounds per season 

So, who knows, the devils in the detail...not that detail is something the BSPA have a reputation for doing.

And what’s this “rounds” ?

Edited by woofers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, woofers said:

This from the top of the press release:
Starting in 2020, Eurosport will broadcast live on-site coverage from 18 rounds across the domestic SGB Premiership League season.

This from the summary:
Eurosport UK secures exclusive live broadcast rights to British Speedway Premiership and Championship Leagues from 2020

• 18 live rounds per season 

So, who knows, the devils in the detail...not that detail is something the BSPA have a reputation for doing.

And what’s this “rounds” ?

Whilst they have ‘exclusive’ rights to both leagues that does not necessarily mean they will show matches from both leagues. Didn’t BT have exclusive rights to both? If not I wonder why some matches were not streamed by a third party. Anyway, as has been said the devil will be in the detail and probably it will all depend on the make up of the leagues etc. Is it only BSPA that tries to con you into thinking that it will reinvent the sport each year and everything in the garden is rosey only to regularly fail miserably and the shambles rolls on. I hope Eurosport have done their homework on the workings of the BSPA and U.K. speedway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not sure Poole will drop down at all. I think it's a bluff to get something he wants. But we shall see.

If only i could believe that i would be happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Booey boy said:

I followed Cov for 50 odd years I haven't been to a meeting since just hoping I get to go back to Brandon before I pop my clogs

Im sure we all hope that would happen. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, Aces51 said:

Josh G would have a converted average of at least 10.93 and Klindt 11.14 in the CL , that shows you the difference in standard of the two leagues.

klindt has a championship averge , does that count ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jenga said:

klindt has a championship averge , does that count ?

I believe it would of but unfortunately it's irrelevant as he doesn't want to ride in the 2nd tier. Big shame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Just cos you say it a hundred times doesn't make it true ;)

About 4 :P As I have said. Will hold my hands up if i'm wrong.

 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If only i could believe that i would be happy 

You should know more than me.. Just my opinion at the mo.

 If Ford has really asked to drop down, then let him.. Don't rally around to keep them up, or give him what he wants to stay up..

It's said that he runs it as a business for the last 15 years plus. Best sponsored, best crowds, dearest for families with kids. Made money. One season he hasn't the toys come out of the pram.

Put that against most of the other clubs that struggle, and run despite a loss, year after year, hoping it will pick up. People moan about Buster trying to keep speedway at the top level going with TV coverage, yet Ford wants out at the fist sign of a loss. Yet Poole fans think Ford is the ** ??

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy