will be in 2 weeks and first signings announced

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Down down :D

Thats, what your proposin.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It will be, sad days for the Pirates.

Why? Surely Poole running is the most important thing? I wish people would give it a chance first before trying to run it into the ground :rolleyes:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It will be, sad days for the Pirates.

Why? Brilliant sensible move in the circumstances.  Bring it on.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not confirmed yet. :t:

Just noticed that the page on the Poole website announcing this has strangely disappeared.

11 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Just noticed that the page on the Poole website announcing this has strangely disappeared.

I bet they will stay. 

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I bet they will stay. 

hope so . but I doubt it though 

35 minutes ago, ray c said:

hope so . but I doubt it though 

Could I have been right all along :)

58 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Still there when  I looked just now

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Could I have been right all along :)

Apart from you're not! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Apart from you're not! 

I'd be happy with that if it did happen. I don't think it will be for long though, IF it does happen.. ;)Ford has one iffy season and drops down? Don't ring true for me, but if he is serious I think he is just thinking of himself and not the fans .For me Ford has been good for Poole because he was making money, now it looks like the profit isn't there, he wants rid. I can't see the top league lasting for the 5 year Eurosport deal either. I don't think Buster has enough money:blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd be happy with that if it did happen. I don't think it will be for long though, IF it does happen.. ;)Ford has one iffy season and drops down? Don't ring true for me, but if he is serious I think he is just thinking of himself and not the fans .For me Ford has been good for Poole because he was making money, now it looks like the profit isn't there, he wants rid. I can't see the top league lasting for the 5 year Eurosport deal either. I don't think Buster has enough money:blink:

Ford should be thinking about himself..

He is a business man..

He has made it clear the club is up for sale if the right offer comes in, and has been for a long time, however no one has come in and bought it..

Maybe 'the fans' who want to stay in the Premiership should buy it?

Too many 'Promoters' run their clubs as an expensive hobby and it shows in the way they run the sport...

"Sustainable losses", supported by other parts of their business, seems to be an accepted year end performance for too many..

As you say, he has been good for Poole and hopefully made money, therefore as a business man if the model you are using suddenly stops working then you need to change it and see if something new does..

Fair play to the guy for doing it as far too many run with the same plan every year with the inevitable same results..

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why? Brilliant sensible move in the circumstances.  Bring it on.

It may be sensible financially but dropping down a league is not brilliant, we are the most successful team in the modern era, one bad year and we jack in the top league,i will still go but it won't be the same. Teams in most sports do everything they can to stay in the top league, we just give it up willingly. 

• Like 3